Foiled British Airline terrorist plot

Old August 11th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
.Blueskies.

Default OT - POL - Foiled British Airline terrorist plot

Yup, just like Timothy McVie...

oh, sorry, wrong century...

What irks me is the nonsense can't bring any liquids past security. Does anyone really think that we passengers would
allow someone to put together a bomb while flying? Even if the cops aren't allowed to profile, the passengers will
whether they want to or not. The shoe bomber is a great example, folks saw it and folks fixed it. I say let everyone
carry a gun on board. A couple bullet holes in the fuselage will not bring a plane down....

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message . ..
:I didn't mean to imply that all Muslims are bad because of course they
: aren't, but it probably isn't a coincidence that 99% of the terrorists
: are radical Muslims.
:
:
: Orval Fairbairn wrote:
: In article ,
: Jon Kraus wrote:
:
:
: Nope.... Appears to be.. Let me see... On the tip of my tongue... Oh
: yea.... Radical Muslims again.... from that wonderful peace loving
: religion, where if you are not one of them then they kill you...
:
: Jon Kraus
:
: abripl wrote:
:
:
: Can they blame that one on GA planes?
:
:
:
: Apparently, the original tip that keyed Scotland Yard onto the perps
: came from a Muslim, who reported "strange" behavior on the part of one
: of his acquaintances, right after the London Subway bombings. This man
: is a hero!
:
: I also have it from a good source that the Saudis are clamping down on
: radical Wahabbi imams, who preach the downfall of the Saudi Royal
: Family. If one preaches it, he isn't there next week.
:
: Perhaps we need to form hit squads to take out the radical imams,
: wherever they are.

Old August 11th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article ,
".Blueskies." wrote:

What irks me is the nonsense can't bring any liquids past security.

Did you expect no overreaction this time?

TSA's MO is to put rules in place without thinking through the impact.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old August 11th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
.Blueskies.

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
: In article ,
: ".Blueskies." wrote:
:
: What irks me is the nonsense can't bring any liquids past security.
:
: Did you expect no overreaction this time?
:
: TSA's MO is to put rules in place without thinking through the impact.
:
: --
: Bob Noel
: Looking for a sig the
: lawyers will hate
:

They didn't even do this themselves, the copied the Brits! Didn't we have a revolution once already?

Old August 12th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Foiled British Airline terrorist plot

My parents are currently in Europe, scheduled to fly out of Heathrow for
Chicago next Thursday. To say the least, they will probably have the limits
of their sense of adventure pushed and their patience tested.

True -- but thank your lucky stars that the terrorists were
foiled...for the time being.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Wanttaja

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:44:01 GMT, ".Blueskies."
wrote:

Yup, just like Timothy McVie...

oh, sorry, wrong century...

What irks me is the nonsense can't bring any liquids past security. Does anyone really
think that we passengers would allow someone to put together a bomb while flying?

A report I saw indicated that the bombs would be assembled in the rest rooms.
The first man would go in, and secrete a container of ingredient "A" somewhere
in the rest room. Later, a second man would go into the rest room, dig out the
container, add ingredient "B", and re-hide the container. Later, a third man
would add the firing mechanism.

The obvious solution is to remove the lavatory doors. After all, the government
tells us that we *have* no right to privacy....

Ron Wanttaja
Old August 13th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Guy Byars

".Blueskies." wrote in message
Yup, just like Timothy McVie...

oh, sorry, wrong century...

What irks me is the nonsense can't bring any liquids past security. Does

anyone really think that we passengers would
allow someone to put together a bomb while flying? Even if the cops aren't

allowed to profile, the passengers will
whether they want to or not. The shoe bomber is a great example, folks saw

it and folks fixed it. I say let everyone

The shoe bomber is a bad example. If he had any sense at all, he would have
gone in the rest room to light the fuse on his shoe. If he did that, then
the bomb would have gone off and the plane would have gone down.

I'm not convinced that the home brew the terrorists were mixing up would
have enough punch to bring down an airliner. Theoretically, it might, but
with incorrect mixing, impure components, and stress, they might not have
been able to construct it well enough to provide enough of a yield to do the
job. It would certainly make a mess, but not down the plane.

Now, when the terrorists start concealing 500g of Semtec in their esophagus,
then you will have a problem!!

The Israelis, on the other hand, focus on profiling the passengers to filter
out the Muslim nutcases.... with excellent results.

Old August 13th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Guy Byars" wrote:

The shoe bomber is a bad example. If he had any sense at all...

hmmm. If he had any sense at all he wouldn't have been trying
to kill people.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old August 13th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:

In article ,
"Guy Byars" wrote:

The shoe bomber is a bad example. If he had any sense at all...

hmmm. If he had any sense at all he wouldn't have been trying
to kill people.

I think that he was too stupid even for an Al Quaida follower, and was
sent on a suicide mission to get rid of him, and as a test article to
see how passengers would react.
Old August 13th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
J-@-ck

Jay Honeck a écrit :
My parents are currently in Europe, scheduled to fly out of Heathrow for
Chicago next Thursday. To say the least, they will probably have the limits
of their sense of adventure pushed and their patience tested.

True -- but thank your lucky stars that the terrorists were
foiled...for the time being.

The best is to avoid the passengers to fly :-)

No longer terrorists will attempt to hijack some aircraft !

--
J-@-ck
Old August 14th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
cjcampbell

Jay Honeck wrote:
My parents are currently in Europe, scheduled to fly out of Heathrow for
Chicago next Thursday. To say the least, they will probably have the limits
of their sense of adventure pushed and their patience tested.

True -- but thank your lucky stars that the terrorists were
foiled...for the time being.

Oh, we are so not looking forward to the flight home from the
Philippines in November. :-(

I wonder if any cruise ships or even tramp steamers are headed that way?