Want a free tow?

Old December 18th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_5_]

Default Want a free tow?

SoaringNV has a pair of LS-4 ailerons at Rick Anderson's Yankee
Composite shop on Lamson Field, near Clear Lake, CA. They're ready
for pickup (and paid for), but I don't have time to drive over and
back right now.

If anyone is dragging a glider trailer from that neck of the woods to
Minden, NV in the next month and would put the ailerons in the
trailer, we'll give you a free tow. That oughta be a fair trade, no?

Free tow for bringing some ailerons to Minden? Good deal!

Thanks.

Fred
775 790-4314
Old December 21st 09, 09:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
david

Hey Fred,

Do you think the ailerons would fit in a long-ez?

Old December 22nd 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_5_]

David:

Thanks for the offer.

The ailerons were carried here by Barry D., a good friend and very
active glider pilot who flies out of Minden. Regrettably, he has a
motorglider so can't use a tow!

Thanks Barry, and thanks for others who offered to help out. It's
amazing how quickly my post here was successful. This must be one
well-read forum!

Fred
SoaringNV
Minden
Old December 22nd 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
drbdanieli

The ailerons were carried here by Barry D., a good friend and very
active glider pilot who flies out of Minden. �Regrettably, he has a
motorglider so can't use a tow!

Come on now Fred, you know I also have a Nimbus 3D that would love a
tow from you!
Barry

Old December 23rd 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_2_]

On Dec 22, 12:04*pm, drbdanieli wrote:
The ailerons were carried here by Barry D., a good friend and very
active glider pilot who flies out of Minden. Regrettably, he has a
motorglider so can't use a tow!

Come on now Fred, you know I also have a Nimbus 3D that would love a
tow from you!
Barry

Aha, the plot thinkens and Fred doesn't get off the hook quite so
easily!! Way to go Barry!

And I'm saying this 'cause I know Fred and the good folks at SoaringNV
appreciate your help and will enjoy giving you that tow. BTW, was a
maximum altitude mentioned? Have you thought about going for the world
altitude record for towed gliders?? (g)

Merry Christmas to all,

bumper
zz
Minden NV
Old December 23rd 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
drbdanieli

BTW, was a
maximum altitude mentioned? Have you thought about going for the world
altitude record for towed gliders??

Lets see, to be fair Minden to Lampson is 169 mi straight west. Now
the mighty Nimbus has a glide ratio over 50 : 1 but there is usually a
prevailing headwind. True it's downhill but according to my
caculations even if he tows me to 17,999, I'll still be a little shy
of getting home when height differences, mountains and wind are all
considered. Fred, you better open the wave window before we take
off...;-)

Actually, it does bring up an interesting question for the group. Now
that we have beaten the landing on tow topic to death, what is the
highest anyone has ever towed and what kind of towplane and glider got
you there? I'm sure there have been some high tows into wave!

Barry