Maintenance and Insurance

Old July 17th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler[_1_]

Default Maintenance and Insurance

AceHyflyer wrote:

From everything you have said it really looks like a fixed-gear, single

engine plane will be the way to go. Unfortunately, I've got a 5 person
family and I'll need to be able to carry a fairly large amount of
baggage, so I'm going to have to look into something a little bigger
than a Skyhawk.

I've been thinking that something along the lines of a Cessna 205/206
or Beechcraft S-35 would be appropriate for my needs.

Many people anticipate that they will be flying all over the country with their
entire families, and once they start flying, they find that most of the time
they are solo or carrying a single passenger. Often spouses and families are not
as enthusiastic about flying as the new pilot anticipates. YMMV.

DGB
Old July 17th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
AceHyflyer

Thanks a lot everyone, this has been very useful information!

Well, my family loves to travel, and they are all very enthusiastic
about anything that can save travel times.

Thanks again,
Chris
Dave Butler wrote:

From everything you have said it really looks like a fixed-gear, single

Old July 27th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Howard

A student pilot probably can't get insurance in a PA44 (but there are always
exceptions), but a newly minted Private pilot might have a shot if he/she
has a little bit of retractable gear time and an insurance agent who has a
good relationships with the right underwriters.

Jon

"Peter R." wrote in message
Michele Howard wrote:

It is ENTIRELY possible to get insurance on a twin engine aircraft even
if
you have ZERO multi-engine hours if you choose the right twin. Even a
low-time private pilot can get insurance under the right conditions (I
sell
aircraf and aircraft insurance, so, yes, I know that it can be done).

OK. I guess there is a price for anything. Thanks for the
correction.
Just as a ballpark figure, what would it cost to insure a PA44 owned and
flown by a student pilot with absolutely zero total time, much less zero
twin time?

--
Peter