Foiled British Airline terrorist plot

Old August 10th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
abripl[_1_]

Default Foiled British Airline terrorist plot

Can they blame that one on GA planes?

Old August 10th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

"abripl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can they blame that one on GA planes?

Nope. But it does show that the security services are doing their job.

Old August 10th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

abripl wrote:

Can they blame that one on GA planes?

Nope, but when two other consultants and I leave from our work city to
travel home today, I will be boarding a Bonanza V35 as casually as the day
before while my two co-workers will be braving the Northwest and Delta
Airlines security lines at Buffalo International Airport, no doubt slowed
by the many who have forgotten about the new, no carry-on liquid allowed
restriction implemented this morning.

Flash forward an hour and a half and I will have landed and stowed my
aircraft at my home airport and my co-workers will have just begun the
boarding process.

Long live GA.

--
Peter
Old August 10th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns[_1_]

My parents are currently in Europe, scheduled to fly out of Heathrow for
Chicago next Thursday. To say the least, they will probably have the limits
of their sense of adventure pushed and their patience tested.
Jim

Old August 10th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Jim Burns wrote:

My parents are currently in Europe, scheduled to fly out of Heathrow for
Chicago next Thursday. To say the least, they will probably have the limits
of their sense of adventure pushed and their patience tested.

Sorry to read that. I, too, suspect that their return home will be quite
an adventure for them.

--
Peter
Old August 11th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
.Blueskies.

"abripl" wrote in message ups.com...
: Can they blame that one on GA planes?
:

No, but everyone flying on the airlines is even more guilty until proven innocent now....

Old August 11th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 10-Aug-2006, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

Nope. But it does show that the BRITISH security services are doing
their job.

OUR Dept. of Homeland Security, unfortunately, seems to be a joke.

-Elliott Drucker
Old August 11th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message

On 10-Aug-2006, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

Nope. But it does show that the BRITISH security services are doing
their job.

OUR Dept. of Homeland Security, unfortunately, seems to be a joke.

Let's see. Has there been a act of terrorism in the US since 9/11 or the
creation of DHS?

Old August 11th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Jon Kraus wrote:

Nope.... Appears to be.. Let me see... On the tip of my tongue... Oh
yea.... Radical Muslims again.... from that wonderful peace loving
religion, where if you are not one of them then they kill you...

Jon Kraus

abripl wrote:

Can they blame that one on GA planes?

Apparently, the original tip that keyed Scotland Yard onto the perps
came from a Muslim, who reported "strange" behavior on the part of one
of his acquaintances, right after the London Subway bombings. This man
is a hero!

I also have it from a good source that the Saudis are clamping down on
radical Wahabbi imams, who preach the downfall of the Saudi Royal
Family. If one preaches it, he isn't there next week.

Perhaps we need to form hit squads to take out the radical imams,
wherever they are.
Old August 11th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Kraus

I didn't mean to imply that all Muslims are bad because of course they
aren't, but it probably isn't a coincidence that 99% of the terrorists
are radical Muslims.