Sims

Old December 21st 07, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

Default Sims

On Dec 21, 5:46*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:
Haven't seen X working at full speed/full resolution, though.

Nobody has seen that, at least not on this planet.

What about your planet?

Bertie
Old December 21st 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
news.verizon.net[_2_]

Your wrong here too. I'm running at 1400x1050x32 and getting 30fps on a
system I bought 6 months ago for ~1500.00

Old December 21st 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

news.verizon.net writes:

Your wrong here too. I'm running at 1400x1050x32 and getting 30fps on a
system I bought 6 months ago for ~1500.00

Only $1500? With all sliders set to the maximum?
Old December 21st 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
news.verizon.net[_2_]

No not all the settings are set to maximum but then again that was not the
statement made by the OP or you.

Old December 21st 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
. net...
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
news
Dudley Henriques writes:

I'm STILL waiting for him to address his blanket statement that 0 lift ALWAYS occurs
at 0 angle of attack.
I still stand by it,

Of course you do, You're always wrong.

Hey, at least he hasn't yet attempted to edit the Wikipedia article on the subject which
explicitly contradicts him. Watch for that to happen next...

That's on hold until he and Tarver finish their wiki article on Negative Lift.

Old December 21st 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
news Dudley Henriques writes:

I'm STILL waiting for him to address his blanket statement that 0 lift ALWAYS occurs
at 0 angle of attack.
I still stand by it,

Of course you do, You're always wrong.

Hey, at least he hasn't yet attempted to edit the Wikipedia article on the subject which
explicitly contradicts him. Watch for that to happen next...

That's on hold until he and Tarver finish their wiki article on Negative Lift.

Which is waiting on the splaps article to be approved as a foundation
for that piece.
Old December 21st 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I have to admin I'm somewhat of a MSFS geek. *... My cockpit has a beer
holder, and I can tell everybody for the record that the bottle-to-throttle
rule is a damned good idea!

Heh heh heh... At Movie Night last Tuesday we had a special
"Christmas Edition" that included egg nog with either rum or cognac in
it.

As the egg nog took effect I noticed an increased propensity for
people to pancake the F/A-18 in while landing. I also noticed that
watching that 104" screen go round-and-round was getting quite
nauseating...

;-)

*(I could have asked wife for a pee bottle for
Christmas.

Can't do that here -- mixed company, and all. When someone has to pee
we just let the next guy/gal start flying. Plenty of copilots in the
room!

Haven't seen X working at full speed/full resolution, though.

Me, neither. I've got the fastest computer money could buy last year,
and this year's fastest video card, and I STILL can't run everything
at full resolution with any kind of smoothness.

Some people are ****ed about this, but -- now that Microsoft got MSFS
X working properly -- I'm glad they built in room to "stretch" as
computer hardware improves in the future.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 21st 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Dec 15, 10:42 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Ron writes:
It doesn't matter. Flying is aviating in the air no matter what your
aircraft is.

No, sorry, it's apples and oranges. Flying a tin can doesn't qualify you to
fly a fighter jet or airliner. Flying a fighter jet doesn't qualify you to
fly an airliner or tin can. And so on.

Oh?
Only in your twisted world.
Where do you think all those student pilots are headed for?
Real flying hours are the qualification for further licenses and
promotions.
5000 hours in a fighter, 'tin can' or an airliner will get you a very
nice seat in any of the others

Old December 22nd 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"george" wrote in message
On Dec 15, 10:42 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Oh?
Only in your twisted world.
Where do you think all those student pilots are headed for?
Real flying hours are the qualification for further licenses and
promotions.
5000 hours in a fighter, 'tin can' or an airliner will get you a very
nice seat in any of the others

You're wasting your time. Anthony isn't interested in aviation. He's
interested in provoking people. He got you to reply, which is all he's
looking for.

Old December 22nd 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Dec 22, 1:02 pm, "nobody" wrote:

You're wasting your time. Anthony isn't interested in aviation. He's
interested in provoking people. He got you to reply, which is all he's
looking for.

Ignore something like mixedup and students and others who are not to
sure which end is forward might start to think that he might be
right..
I shall continue to point out to mixedup (and others) that he has a
100% error rate