transparancy/member information

Old October 20th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Default transparancy/member information

Well,

I hate to be the one to say what many are probably thinking, but it's
just gotten too absurd to ignore.

1.) I'm almost positive I know who 5-BG is. I won't say because if this
person wants to hide behind such an absurdity, that's his/her choice.
It certainly doesn't build any credibility.

2.) I personally don't believe the diatribe that he/she posted earlier.
If it is true, I'll apologise, but only if this person identifies
him/herself. I would never make fun of someone's agony, nor am I making
fun of this serious situation.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, but there it is. I'm really sorry that
5-BG thinks that we're all that impressed with his/her opinion, and
that so many are so ready to read his/her opinions. These trolls are
really counterproductive. The SSA leadership is doing what's possible
to get this resolved. Any ambition that I might ever have had to try to
help or serve the SSA membership has been squashed, not just by this
one, but he/she has developed a following. Are any of you really that
naive? I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard, either.

The basis of my opinion, besides knowing this person, is...

I was the baseball commissioner in a small town when my sons were
young. The parents that complained the loudest were the ones that never
came to work day, never coached, and just dropped their brats off for
us to babysit during practice or games... full of opinions and
criticism... but always full of excuses why they couldn't help or
volunteer... how absurd... The same types of folks can be found at
most clubs where volunteerism is so desperately needed. However they
think it's a country club... just come out and fly... don't forget to
bitch if things don't go according to your whims. If the glider's
dirty, they'll let some volunteer officer know in spades, but they
would die before they'd wash it.

I've known several board members in my lifetime, and I know some of the
current ones. Their credibility stands head and shoulders above any
anonymous, ****ed off poster that has nothing but criticism for these
hard-working volunteers.

One who doesn't hide... my opinions are my own... and certainly not
swayed by someone posting diatribes, and obscenities in caps.

Have a nice day...

Jack Womack