carousel hangars

Old August 29th 12, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RAS56 RAS56 is offline
Member

Default carousel hangars

Found a few pics in my archives from when I went out there and so I uploaded them to Photobucket so folks can get a general idea of the layout:

http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/a...ngar%20Photos/

This was a great idea, well executed.

Rob
ZAP
Old August 30th 12, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew[_13_]

carousel hangars are advertised at

http://www.vicsaircraft.net/carousel.html

At 18:12 29 August 2012, Herbert kilian wrote:
On Aug 29, 12:05=A0pm, wrote:
I would also contact Ed Byars (ED).

Ed designed and built a carousel hangar to house his power

planes over
tw=
enty years ago at his home outside of Clemson, SC. Ed is a

professional
eng=
ineer and retired as Dean of Mechanical Engineering at West

Virginia
Univer=
sity. He is widely known for his love of competition soaring and

was the
co=
-founder of Soaring Symposia along with Bill Holbrook (WH).

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:15:03 AM UTC-4, Peter

Gray wrote:
In 1998 Ned Godshall published a description of a carousal

hangar
built=
by

the Alberquerque Sooaring Club. Said to be on the site of

the
South-Wes=

Soaring Museum at Moriarty.

Does anyone out there know of it? Does it still function? Are

there any

drawings available? did it throw up any snags? did the

design ever get

patented? Anything to help us make up our minds if it would

be a good

project.

Make sure to ask Ed about his "Dial a Plane" control system that
automatically brings a specific spot into the door position. Ed

calls
his design for obvious reasons the Pentagon Hangar.

MAE : Hangars jmp Aviation Photos 0 February 25th 08 08:53 PM
ENSIGN HANGARS Tom Rent Soaring 0 October 9th 06 02:07 PM
Spokane Hangars Frank Stutzman Owning 6 August 12th 06 02:15 AM
Hangars Available at GWW, Goldsboro, NC John Doe Aviation Marketplace 0 January 13th 06 06:42 PM
airplane hangars geo Home Built 23 October 22nd 03 04:04 PM