A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Not so much as a scratch (R4S at New Castle)

Old September 26th 16, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

Default Not so much as a scratch (R4S at New Castle)

I think we may have set a regional contest record for non-completions at R4S at New Castle this year. Every day shut off like a switch, not always in a predictable way or at a predictable time.

Happily, conservatism ruled the day. The vast majority of the incomplete tasks resulted in landings at New Castle International. I had three of those! The few field landings were well executed. I had one of those too:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/So...nding.jpg.html
We didn't put so much as a scratch on a glider.

While there was a certain amount of disappointment associated with busted score sheets, we wrung every day dry, flying 7 out of 8 days and loving every minute of it.

Big thanks to BRSS and CM Charlie Cole for hosting yet another excellent New Castle contest.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old September 26th 16, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:06:15 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
I think we may have set a regional contest record for non-completions at R4S at New Castle this year. Every day shut off like a switch, not always in a predictable way or at a predictable time.

Happily, conservatism ruled the day. The vast majority of the incomplete tasks resulted in landings at New Castle International. I had three of those! The few field landings were well executed. I had one of those too:

While there was a certain amount of disappointment associated with busted score sheets, we wrung every day dry, flying 7 out of 8 days and loving every minute of it.

Big thanks to BRSS and CM Charlie Cole for hosting yet another excellent New Castle contest.

Evan Ludeman / T8

I second that emotion
UH
Old September 27th 16, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Agreed. An Excellent event
Old September 27th 16, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 10:06:15 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:

Evan Ludeman / T8

Enjoyed racing with Evan and the other regulars at NC. The area is starkly beautiful, expecially in early fall with the Broadwings migrating. I have a dislike for area tasks but as Evan pointed out, it was the only way to get a contest in given the inconsistent weather every couple of miles. Evening events, breakfast at the field and a perfect organization make this contest special - a big Thank You to the BRSS!
Old September 27th 16, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al Tyler 8H
external usenet poster

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:06:15 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:

Evan Ludeman / T8

30 years of annual visits to New Castle just confirm that its the best place in the entire world to spent your vacation. Its very special and if you get in a good week of soaring its just icing on the cake! Thanks to my extended New Castle family for another fantastic meet. Al Tyler / 8H
Old September 28th 16, 05:54 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Eight View Post

Evan Ludeman / T8
Great to hear that all involved were happy with the event from all aspects. Congratulations to those who organized and executed is a way that provided such a wonderful and safe experience for all!

Sounds like NC should be on a bucket list!

Brad.
Old September 28th 16, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Great week! Great to see new and old friends. Thank to Charlie, Linear, Techla, John Good and all the folks who made it great.