Not so much as a scratch (R4S at New Castle)

Old September 26th 16, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Not so much as a scratch (R4S at New Castle)

I think we may have set a regional contest record for non-completions at R4S at New Castle this year. Every day shut off like a switch, not always in a predictable way or at a predictable time.

Happily, conservatism ruled the day. The vast majority of the incomplete tasks resulted in landings at New Castle International. I had three of those! The few field landings were well executed. I had one of those too:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/So...nding.jpg.html
We didn't put so much as a scratch on a glider.

While there was a certain amount of disappointment associated with busted score sheets, we wrung every day dry, flying 7 out of 8 days and loving every minute of it.

Big thanks to BRSS and CM Charlie Cole for hosting yet another excellent New Castle contest.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old September 26th 16, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:06:15 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
I think we may have set a regional contest record for non-completions at R4S at New Castle this year. Every day shut off like a switch, not always in a predictable way or at a predictable time.

Happily, conservatism ruled the day. The vast majority of the incomplete tasks resulted in landings at New Castle International. I had three of those! The few field landings were well executed. I had one of those too:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/So...nding.jpg.html
We didn't put so much as a scratch on a glider.

While there was a certain amount of disappointment associated with busted score sheets, we wrung every day dry, flying 7 out of 8 days and loving every minute of it.

Big thanks to BRSS and CM Charlie Cole for hosting yet another excellent New Castle contest.

Evan Ludeman / T8

I second that emotion
UH
Old September 27th 16, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Agreed. An Excellent event
Old September 27th 16, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 10:06:15 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
I think we may have set a regional contest record for non-completions at R4S at New Castle this year. Every day shut off like a switch, not always in a predictable way or at a predictable time.

Happily, conservatism ruled the day. The vast majority of the incomplete tasks resulted in landings at New Castle International. I had three of those! The few field landings were well executed. I had one of those too:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/So...nding.jpg.html
We didn't put so much as a scratch on a glider.

While there was a certain amount of disappointment associated with busted score sheets, we wrung every day dry, flying 7 out of 8 days and loving every minute of it.

Big thanks to BRSS and CM Charlie Cole for hosting yet another excellent New Castle contest.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Enjoyed racing with Evan and the other regulars at NC. The area is starkly beautiful, expecially in early fall with the Broadwings migrating. I have a dislike for area tasks but as Evan pointed out, it was the only way to get a contest in given the inconsistent weather every couple of miles. Evening events, breakfast at the field and a perfect organization make this contest special - a big Thank You to the BRSS!
Old September 27th 16, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al Tyler 8H

[...]

30 years of annual visits to New Castle just confirm that its the best place in the entire world to spent your vacation. Its very special and if you get in a good week of soaring its just icing on the cake! Thanks to my extended New Castle family for another fantastic meet. Al Tyler / 8H
Old September 28th 16, 05:54 PM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Eight View Post
I think we may have set a regional contest record for non-completions at R4S at New Castle this year. Every day shut off like a switch, not always in a predictable way or at a predictable time.

Happily, conservatism ruled the day. The vast majority of the incomplete tasks resulted in landings at New Castle International. I had three of those! The few field landings were well executed. I had one of those too:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/So...nding.jpg.html
We didn't put so much as a scratch on a glider.

While there was a certain amount of disappointment associated with busted score sheets, we wrung every day dry, flying 7 out of 8 days and loving every minute of it.

Big thanks to BRSS and CM Charlie Cole for hosting yet another excellent New Castle contest.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Great to hear that all involved were happy with the event from all aspects. Congratulations to those who organized and executed is a way that provided such a wonderful and safe experience for all!

Sounds like NC should be on a bucket list!

Brad.
Old September 28th 16, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great week! Great to see new and old friends. Thank to Charlie, Linear, Techla, John Good and all the folks who made it great.

Scratch one bombardier Byker Aviation Photos 0 August 3rd 15 09:11 PM
Removing a scratch from a canopy. Sean Fidler Soaring 6 May 17th 11 06:33 AM
Scratch Remover B. Jensen Home Built 9 August 10th 05 03:48 PM
Scratch Remover B. Jensen Owning 12 August 10th 05 03:48 PM
windscreen pollish/scratch remover centurion_of_evil Rotorcraft 4 October 3rd 03 06:49 AM