I need winch launch videos

Old November 28th 04, 09:56 PM
Bill Daniels

"Janusz Kesik" wrote in message
Save it to Your local HDD, that's how it worked for me.

JK

I finally got it to download. The connection was slow for the first few
tries but it finally downloaded in a little over an hour.

Thanks, Janusz.

Bill Daniels

Old November 28th 04, 10:13 PM
Cloudy

That was a funny video but it addresses insurance and not winch launch
directly. It doesn't actually show much about winch launch.

Bill Daniels

I know, but it's still funny :-)

Re. winch launching (or failure) video: What about the one with the
DG-505 or similar that goes into a spin after turning from a failed
winch launch? (might not be exactly what is needed either, but you never
know, it certainly is educational)

cloudy
Old November 28th 04, 10:48 PM
Kevin Brooker

Bill,
I have some footage that I cut together from our club launching a ski
equiped L-13 off a frozen lake. I'm dial-up so there is no way I'm
going to send it via the web. How can I get a DVD copy to you? Kevin

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:53:24 +1100, stephanevdv
wrote:

You can download a commercial from 'Skylaunch winches'
(http://www.skylaunch.de)
or some good quality amateur video movies with winch launches from
'Nistal Wloczysiak' (http://www.gliding4life.com/english.htm)

Old November 28th 04, 10:51 PM
Janusz Kesik

Uzytkownik "Bill Daniels" napisal w wiadomosci

I finally got it to download. The connection was slow for the first few
tries but it finally downloaded in a little over an hour.

Was it what You were looking for?

JK

Old November 28th 04, 11:09 PM
Bill Daniels

"Cloudy" wrote in message
That was a funny video but it addresses insurance and not winch launch
directly. It doesn't actually show much about winch launch.

Bill Daniels

I know, but it's still funny :-)

Re. winch launching (or failure) video: What about the one with the
DG-505 or similar that goes into a spin after turning from a failed
winch launch? (might not be exactly what is needed either, but you never
know, it certainly is educational)

cloudy

Spinning in has nothing to do with how the glider was launched. It has a
lot to do with poor airmanship - which is the subject of other
presentations.

Bill Daniels
(Gliders don't spin in - pilots spin them in.)

Old November 28th 04, 11:12 PM
Bill Daniels

"Janusz Kesik" wrote in message

Uzytkownik "Bill Daniels" napisal w wiadomosci

I finally got it to download. The connection was slow for the first few
tries but it finally downloaded in a little over an hour.

Was it what You were looking for?

JK

I like the youth and energy of the video. It says a lot about how to get
young people involved. I think winch launch is the big secret.

Bill Daniels

Old November 28th 04, 11:16 PM
Bill Daniels

"Kevin Brooker" wrote in message
Bill,
I have some footage that I cut together from our club launching a ski
equiped L-13 off a frozen lake. I'm dial-up so there is no way I'm
going to send it via the web. How can I get a DVD copy to you? Kevin

I sent you a private e-mail with my address.

Thanks

Bill Daniels

Old November 29th 04, 09:38 AM
OscarCVox

Try this site
http://www.alpenstreckenflug.de/text...ideos.htm#Hist
Old November 29th 04, 11:35 AM
Olfert Cleveringa

http://www.skyeyeaerialphotography.r...-lierstart.wmv

This is a winch launch of a Janus CE at Hoogeveen, the Netherlands. The
altimeter is metric, the achieved altitude is almost 500m. The vid is
shot with a digital photocamera and late in the evening, so the quality
is not superb, but perhaps you can use it, it features a nice sunset
anyway :-) Made by Peter Millenaar.

Olfert
Hornet A7

Bill Daniels wrote:
I'm starting to put together my presentation on winch launch for the SSA
convention in February and I need short video clips. Anything to do with
winch launch will do but those that tell a story about winch launch
operations will be especially appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill Daniels

Old November 29th 04, 02:19 PM
Bill Daniels

"OscarCVox" wrote in message
Try this site
http://www.alpenstreckenflug.de/text...ideos.htm#Hist

I have that site. What a FANTASTIC source.

Bill Daniels

Weak link for winch launch - 1-26E??? Mark Zivley Soaring 4 April 29th 04 11:38 PM
Blanik Weak Link for Winch Launch??? Gary Emerson Soaring 6 February 24th 04 08:08 PM
Safety of winch launch vrs. aero tow? Gary Boggs Soaring 172 November 13th 03 06:59 PM
Winch launch M B Soaring 0 October 30th 03 07:33 PM
using winch instead of aerotow goneill Soaring 5 August 27th 03 02:46 PM