I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 20th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

gatt wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well duh, it's a magnetic compass in a fluid.
The fluid can leak out.

What? Your TV screen is that realistic?

Shouldn't set Kool-Aid glasses on the monitor.

Hmm, maybe i should refill my wet compass with goofy grape next time...

Bertie
Old May 20th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Michael Ash wrote:
In rec.aviation.student gatt wrote:

Congratulations, now you look like an arrogant asshole.

Of course so does MX, but at least he's an *entertaining* arrogant
asshole.

Sometimes you have to speak their language. My purpose wasn't to
entertain people. If you want, however, I'll tell you some knock-knock
jokes. I'm sure everybody appreciates your encouragement of his
behavior, by the way. Nice job, Ash.

I find it to be tremendously ironic that these recent monster threads
revolving around MX have led me to killfile several people who respond to
him but not to killfile him.

That's your choice. Different people come to the forum for different
reasons. I'm here to share my experience and learn from the experience
of others, and I read a whole lot more than I post.

If you get to the point where you're typing in all caps, or having to wave
your certificates in his face, take a moment to step back and think about
whether your reply adds any value to the group.

He came out here, asked the pilots a question then proceeded to refute
every single thing they said. Not just me ASEL pilots like me, but just
about everybody.

I answered his question initially because the question had value to the
student pilots in the student group. His utter nonsense that followed
merely adds misinformation and, perhaps, satisfies your entertainment
needs.

As to whether "waving certificates" in people's faces adds value, it's
not much different than sourcing an official or authoritative reference,
is it? If we were talking about combat it would be relevant for the
readers to understand that the people in the discussion are a video game
geek versus a combat veteran.

-c
Arrogant Asshole
Old May 20th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Nomen Nescio wrote:

A true world-class expert has nothing to prove to anyone and
isn't likely to be insecure, but a low-time pilot with more ego than
competence is likely to be very insecure and very eager to prove that he knows
more than other people do.

Considering your attitude, and your ZERO time status, and typing while
laughing my ass off, I think you've defined yourself, perfectly.

Yep. Dead ringer.

-c
Old May 20th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ken S. Tucker

On May 20, 12:33 am, John Godwin wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:a15da157-a236-
:

Well duh, it's a magnetic compass in a fluid.

While flying in IMC, I had a compass seal fail 10 miles from my
destination ... gawd, smelly compass fluid all over the cockpit.

When thought through, the Mag-Comp is quite the
precision instrument. That fluid needs be able to
not freeze down to what, maybe -40F. (Ron from
Alaska might know). It also sits in an Arizona sun
and can't expand to burst, though yours (John)
may have.
It also has a viscosity that keeps the thing from
gyrating all over the place, the one we used had
a slow lag while banking, so if you wanted to come
to 180 level the wings for 178 and the thing creeps
to 180.
Ken
Old May 20th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On May 20, 10:27 am, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

When thought through, the Mag-Comp is quite the
precision instrument. That fluid needs be able to
not freeze down to what, maybe -40F. (Ron from
Alaska might know). It also sits in an Arizona sun
and can't expand to burst, though yours (John)
may have.
It also has a viscosity that keeps the thing from
gyrating all over the place, the one we used had
a slow lag while banking, so if you wanted to come
to 180 level the wings for 178 and the thing creeps
to 180.
Ken

Good grief. The compass has a diaphragm to take care of
expansion and contraction, and its fluid is just a solvent that has a
low freeze point. Even plain old gasoline has a low freeze point.
Nothing "precision" about that. And as for lag while banking, you
haven't studied the Private Pilot groundschool stuff about Northerly
Turning Error or anything else. You CANNOT use it to roll out on a
heading like you claim.
And you can't fly a 150 at 37 Kts indicated on approach. 150s
never had knotmeters. anyway. Had airspeed indicators calibrated in
MPH.
And what is an "indescent indicator?" Does it measure indecent
exposure, maybe?

Dan

Old May 20th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

He/She/It has denied being Anthony Atkielski, so we really have no way to
tell.

1) Anthony Atkielski published a blog (aprenta.blogspot.com)

2) MX denies having ever written a blog

Therefore MX denies being Anthony Atlielski

And with the proven desire both Bertie and his ilk (recruited by constant
cross posting), has shown in forging identities, Bertie's influence on the
noise level of this group is really the only thing we can be sure of.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised of MX's recent postings were not
forgeries by Bertie & Co, since he has such a hard time getting attention
otherwise.

Old May 20th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

He/She/It has denied being Anthony Atkielski, so we really have no
way to tell.

1) Anthony Atkielski published a blog (aprenta.blogspot.com)

2) MX denies having ever written a blog

Therefore MX denies being Anthony Atlielski

And with the proven desire both Bertie and his ilk (recruited by
constant cross posting), has shown in forging identities, Bertie's
influence on the noise level of this group is really the only thing we
can be sure of.

As long as i have you anyway!

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised of MX's recent postings were not
forgeries by Bertie & Co, since he has such a hard time getting
attention otherwise.

I don't forge, fjukkwit.

Put up or shut up.

If i've forged you and Databasix has ignored your protests, then
news.admin.net-abuse.usenet is the place you should be shrieking about it.
Databasix and/or Altopia would get a usenet death penalty and I'd be SOL
for usenet access.

So, if you're going to level forgery accusations you had better be prepared
to back them up.

Put up or shut up, asshole.

Bertie

Old May 20th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

This is worth noting. Jay Somerset, who started this thread, said he
would no longer take part in this newsgroup.

Jay, thus far, is a man of his word. This 5/11 post was the last one
by that username. to the group. There is honor among posters!
Paraphrasing something often said, it's a superior poster who uses
superior judgment to avoid circumstances where his superior posting
skills are needed.

There may be a lesson here somewhere.

On May 11, 11:33 am, Jay Somerset wrote:
I give up -- not flying -- but subscribing to this NG. It is just too
riddled with crap and backbiting, to the point that it carries little
if any useful exchange of interest to active pilots. It isn't worth
the effort any more, even with multiple kill files.

So good riddance to 90+% of the posts, and the few idiots who have,
managed to spoil the NG over the past couple of years, and farewell to
those few remaining sensible contributors. I admire your patience and
tolerance. Mine have given out!
--
Jay (remove dashes for legal email address)

Old May 20th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ken S. Tucker

On May 20, 10:04 am, wrote:
On May 20, 10:27 am, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

When thought through, the Mag-Comp is quite the
precision instrument. That fluid needs be able to
not freeze down to what, maybe -40F. (Ron from
Alaska might know). It also sits in an Arizona sun
and can't expand to burst, though yours (John)
may have.
It also has a viscosity that keeps the thing from
gyrating all over the place, the one we used had
a slow lag while banking, so if you wanted to come
to 180 level the wings for 178 and the thing creeps
to 180.
Ken

Good grief. The compass has a diaphragm to take care of
expansion and contraction, and its fluid is just a solvent that has a
low freeze point. Even plain old gasoline has a low freeze point.

Mr. Potato Head, we don't put a big blob of flammable
material in a cock-pit, your sci-phy-math-chem education
is a functional Gr.10.

Nothing "precision" about that. And as for lag while banking, you
haven't studied the Private Pilot groundschool stuff about Northerly
Turning Error or anything else. You CANNOT use it to roll out on a
heading like you claim.

Duh, that's what your mag-field map is for,
it provides the mag-heading relative to true
north at the location you're at.
I flew alot in ontario and lines are a mess,
but that's not a big deal over ~ 50 miles.

My required instruction was to use
the mag-comp for IFR, including pitch level,
yaw constant, and nulled roll, it's a semi skill.
It has two spheres, one enclosing fixed to the
aircraft that is transparent, but demarkated,
and a internal floater also demarkated.
The relative equators is what's important.
Once the heading and throttle power is fixed,
align the equators to maintain a constant
pitch and altitude, and that will get you by in
foggy night, if you have a flashlight.
That's a 1 hour lesson, and I'd be happy to
instruct you on that, if you're qualified to
understand it.
I had a cool instructor and we'd play out worst
case scenerios, such as in a dark and stormy
foggy night with all normal instruments failed,
how do we get back to a base.

And you can't fly a 150 at 37 Kts indicated on approach. 150s
never had knotmeters. anyway. Had airspeed indicators calibrated in
MPH.

LOL, Is that a MIAS instead of a KIAS?

And what is an "indescent indicator?" Does it measure indecent
exposure, maybe?

Depends on whether you're using the yoke or
the stick, which do you prefer?
Ken

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM