Plosi One

Old February 10th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen

Default Plosi One

Blanche wrote:

Neither the White House nor Pelosi nor her staff requested the
C-32 (USAF version of the 757). The House Sgt at Arms requested
an aircraft that can travel non-stop for security reasons. This
has become standard practice in the past 6 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/...ane/index.html

If that's the case, than the C-20 would have fit the bill just fine.
Apparently though a Gulfstream is just too damned small.
Old February 10th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"gatt" wrote:

By way of comparison, since everybody's swingin' on "Plosi" for the very
thing:

http://www.mtexpress.com/2003/03-08-...8-06murphy.htm

For this last stop before going to his vacation home in Jackson, Wyo.,
Cheney required:

the VP has secret service protection. Some stupid congresscritter from
la-la land doesn't rate the same protection.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 10th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Matt Whiting wrote:

Blanche wrote:

Neither the White House nor Pelosi nor her staff requested the
C-32 (USAF version of the 757). The House Sgt at Arms requested
an aircraft that can travel non-stop for security reasons. This
has become standard practice in the past 6 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/...ane/index.html

There are a bunch of biz-jets that will fly coast-to-coast non-stop.
This doesn't require a 757 unless you want to carry a LOT of friends ...
oh, never mind!

not to mention a former first lady that wanted the VC-32 even for
short trips...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 10th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:50:47 GMT, Dallas
wrote in
:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:43:20 GMT, Larry Dighera wrote:

That works out to $122.22 per hour at what, 500 knots?

Cheaper than a Cessna 172 ....

If you look at from the cost per seat mile perspective, yes.
Old February 10th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

In the one she wants to use, 42.

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
| On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:00:20 GMT, Dallas
| wrote in
| :
|
| CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are
$22,000.00 an hour.

Old February 10th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:43:20 GMT, Larry Dighera wrote:

That works out to $122.22 per hour at what, 500 knots?

Cheaper than a Cessna 172 ....

It it's always full.
Old February 10th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Morgans" wrote in message ...
:
: "gatt" wrote
:
: a.. The Air Force's largest transport, the four-jet C-17 Globemaster, to
: cart two armored Cadillac limousines and three Secret Service SUVs.
:
: When did they make the C-17 bigger than the C-5A? I didn't know that it was
: due for and up-sizing.
: --
: Jim in NC
:

Just another example of the crap that is written up as 'facts' in the media...

Old February 10th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

Here's one of the reasons I'm no longer a Republican. They lie like
Democrats and then believe their own lies, and try to convince millions of
otherwise-thinking people to believe them too.

One sign of the decline of a democracy is that people become attached to
political parties, rather than interest themselves in individual candidates
and politicians. They systematically reject all parties other than their own,
and unconditionally support their own party, which leads to all sorts of
manipulation and abuse. I guess it's easier to blindly accept and reject
based on a single group criterion (party affiliation) than it is to actually
evaluate individuals on their own merits. Unfortunately, it's also a path to
totalitarianism.

Old February 10th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Bob Noel writes:

the VP has secret service protection. Some stupid congresscritter from
la-la land doesn't rate the same protection.

Neither does the Vice President. Most public personalities are overprotected
today, for reasons of prestige and power rather than any legitimate concerns
for security.

Old February 10th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John T writes:

The Speaker is second in line to succeed the President and is entitled
to more security than most other public servants.

Why?