LVVSA Roach Dry Lake Fall Auto-Tow Extravaganza

Old September 24th 12, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LVVSA Roach Dry Lake Fall Auto-Tow Extravaganza

Can't make "reply to sender" work with my mail reader.

Great! We'll see you there. Having just camped for a weekend at Truth or
Consequences with the sky dive club's annual Water Boogie, we elected to get
a motel room.

Dan

"Uncle Fuzzy" wrote in message
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:25:32 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've emailed over a week ago to two addresses on the LVVS website and
gotten no response so I'll post my questions he My wife and I plan to
bring my LAK-17a to Roach Dry lake for the ground launch activities and I
want to know if there are any special requirements to participate. I'm
ground launch qualified with both winch and auto tow. I'm also qualified
to self launch (if I had one!) and aero tow. I'm an SSA member and fully
insured and I hold a Diamond Badge. So... Will we be welcome and will I be
able to ground launch with you? Dan "Uncle Fuzzy"
wrote in message
Excellent! I'll try to remember to update this thread if

conditions change at Roach. Here's a map to the dry lake from the Jean
airport. http://lvvsa.org/Pictures/Events/RoachDryLakeMapNew.jpg

You will absolutely be welcomed! You must be an SSA member, and pay the
whopping $10.00 guest membership fee (per day). Auto tows will be $10.00
each, with aero tows available at current club (cheap!) rates. Bring
sunscreen, lots of water or whatever you use to maintain hydration. I'm
going out weekend after next to drive our line and check conditions. If we
get significant rain, and the dry lake is un-usable, we'll camp at the
airport and do aero tows.
Feel free to email me directly from here, or at
griderpirateatyahoodotcom
Cheers,
Jim

Old September 25th 12, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

Okay on the Hotel, but you really need to stick around long enough for dinner. There's always WAY too much food! We also do breakfast Sunday morning.. G

Old September 25th 12, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JayM

On Monday, September 24, 2012 8:43:29 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote
Dan,
BTW I did reply to your email on the 18th but you failed to allow incoming messages from me so you never got it.
SoaringJay AT Cox Dot Net

We love dinner at the field...! ...And beer, and telling lies!
Old September 25th 12, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

When I found your message in my spam folder, I allowed it and future
messages to pass. It's all good now.

Old October 15th 12, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

On Aug 24, 7:59*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
The date has been set for the weekend of 27/28 October *(weather
permitting) for theLVVSAFall Auto-Tow event. The location is Roach
dry lake, off Interstate 15 just north of the California/Nevada
border. *Directions can be found on theLVVSA.org website.
Auto and Aero tows, great food, lots of fun. *We will have a rope
capable of towing the big two-place gliders (G103 and Janus C) this
year.

We had some really BIG rain out here last week, and the dry like
currently isn't. I'll check again next weekend, and report what I
find.

Old October 24th 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

The surface of Roach Dry lake is good. The road to it suffered from
the recent hard rain. It is safe, and there are no places where a
normal car would get stuck, but 10-ish mph is about as fast as you'd
want to go. Rigging at Jean and taking a short tug to get the glider
there is an option.

On Oct 22, 2:09*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
[...]

find.- Hide quoted text -

Auto Towing the LVVSA G103 (YouTube video) jim wynhoff Soaring 0 May 26th 12 03:25 AM
Even Eagles Fall [email protected] Home Built 5 September 1st 06 06:27 AM
Katrina fall-out Jay Honeck Piloting 435 September 12th 05 02:21 PM
Bug Roach Accident Question D. Scott Seders Naval Aviation 8 March 22nd 05 09:46 PM
Free-Fall for 160,000 ft? Randy L. Simulators 18 September 29th 03 03:32 PM