How long before the card comes?

Old December 29th 03, 11:36 PM
Nasir

Default How long before the card comes?

I passed my checkride over 2 months ago but have not received the plastic
license yet. Any idea how long it takes?

BTW, I did not mail anything to anyone..The D.E. told me she would be
sending the form in. Is that the norm?

thanks.

Old December 30th 03, 12:12 AM
Harry Gordon

It can take between 2-4 months to get the card. It took about 2 months for
mine as best I recall. Here is a FAA web site that tells you what DOI dates
the FAA is working. http://registry.faa.gov/airmen.asp

As far as the DE sending in the information, I believe that is normal. At
least mine did so. In fact, he hooked up his computer to a phone line and
sent it via the web right after entering the necessary information and
printing out my temporary certificate.

Harry
PP-ASEL

Old December 30th 03, 01:58 AM
Joe Allbritten

"Nasir" wrote in message m...
I passed my checkride over 2 months ago but have not received the plastic
license yet. Any idea how long it takes?

BTW, I did not mail anything to anyone..The D.E. told me she would be
sending the form in. Is that the norm?

thanks.

It should only take about 8 weeks. With the Holidays, maybe 1 week
more. If you don't get it in another week, call your examiner. She
can start back tracking to see if it was lost. If it is lost, she can
help regenerate the paperwork. ( no retest!!!)

Joe A.
Old December 30th 03, 02:13 AM
BTIZ

yes... the DE sends in the paper work..

90-120 days I believe.. and as you approach the 120 day mark.. call the
local FSDO for an extension... but I have not heard any reports of someone
not getting the "card" in time.

BT

Old December 30th 03, 02:32 AM
Z Sten

Nasir wrote:
I passed my checkride over 2 months ago but have not received the plastic
license yet. Any idea how long it takes?

BTW, I did not mail anything to anyone..The D.E. told me she would be
sending the form in. Is that the norm?

thanks.

I passed my checkride on October 28 of this year and received my "real"
ticket on November 26, exactly four weeks and a day after passing. I
guess I just live right.

Old December 30th 03, 09:49 AM
Skyking

"Nasir" wrote in message m...
I passed my checkride over 2 months ago but have not received the plastic
license yet. Any idea how long it takes?

BTW, I did not mail anything to anyone..The D.E. told me she would be
sending the form in. Is that the norm?

thanks.

Your "temp" is good for 120 days and it ususlly takes about 10 weeks or
more. You can go to the FAA Airman Registry website and see what date they
are working on. Also this is Holiday Season and the mail could be slow.
If you don't get it in 90 days, check with airman records, it could
be lost.

Good luck,

Skyking
Old December 30th 03, 02:54 PM
James M. Knox

"Harry Gordon" wrote in
:

It can take between 2-4 months to get the card. It took about 2 months
for mine as best I recall. Here is a FAA web site that tells you what
DOI dates the FAA is working. http://registry.faa.gov/airmen.asp

It can get a bit messier. Mine didn't arrive, and the temporary was
about to run out. [Didn't know the FAA web site had a "currently
serving" page.] So I looked on there for a phone number to call. Nope,
nor a link for "if we haven't sent yours." Just for "if you lost the
one we sent you."

Called AOPA. They said it is actually taking between 4 and 6 months for
some of them to process. I got the phone number to call at OKC. Called
OKC. Finally got through to someone who now says that they have no
record of me passing the checkride. She gave me the number of the FSDO
(actually, a long list because she didn't know which one was in charge)
who said they couldn't send me an extension on the temporary (because
they had nothing from OKC to show that they were processing the
permanent.

Called the DE who gave me the checkride. He claims he sent it to the
FAA, but now can find no copy of any of his paperwork for me. [Yes, he
DOES say he sort of remembers me passing! G] So now what I am being
told is that I can try to reconstitue the paperwork, including the
application, find a CFI to sign it, and basically treat it like I was
just now taking the checkride.

Sigh...

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721
Old December 30th 03, 03:59 PM
Andrew Gideon

James M. Knox wrote:

[...]

I'd something a little different occur for my PPL checkride. The DE had
made a mistake on the form (his own certificate's expiration date, I
believe). So there was an added delay.

The DE sent something to the Teterboro FSDO, and they issued a second
temporary certificate. Aside from the drive to TEB, which was fun anyway
as I'd never been there at that point, it was no big deal.

What I cannot recall is how I knew about all this. I *think* I called OKC
when the countdown on my temporary was getting short, and that they told me
what to do.

- Andrew

Old December 30th 03, 04:28 PM
Ron Natalie

"Skyking" wrote in message m...

Your "temp" is good for 120 days and it ususlly takes about 10 weeks or
more. You can go to the FAA Airman Registry website

Yeah, it looks like they are working on certificates dated 10 weeks back.
Here is the website: http://registry.faa.gov/airmen.asp

Your DE or the local FSDO can give you a new temporary. Mine was within
a few days of expiring and the FSDO just gave me a new (temporary) one.
At the time it evidently was quite a common request. My permanent one did
actually show up before the original 120 days were up, but just barely.