Why there will be no resolution to the yEnc war.

Old August 9th 07, 04:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
P50[_2_]

Default Why there will be no resolution to the yEnc war.

If someone posts in a format I can't view I decide from there what I want to
do.
Make some changes so I can or don't so I can not. Not that hard really.

In the end I just want to see pictures.

Old August 9th 07, 09:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

Same with me...

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message
Actually it is very simple. When this NG was established one of the
"rules" was no yenc,plain and simple. Either you choose to follow the
rules or not, no skin off my nose either way. I have downloaded two free
yEnc decoders and neither have worked worth a damn but at least I tried.
As I have broadband, downloading useless posts does not create a problem;
for those for whom it does they can just block your posts and problem
solved.It is not that hard to work it out either way.
FWIW
"

Old August 9th 07, 11:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:24:45 -0500, Just Plane Noise
wrote:

In turn, if somebody chose a new
method of encoding, and I knew their pictures were worthwhile, I'd
expect to do a little work to get their pictures--it isn't up to them
to change to suit me.

Bravo. Well said. What people are missing by refusing to down-load
yenc software or getting a better newsreader are some wonderful
pictures taken by you. I for one do not care what format you post in,
but if you change to a different format, I will ensure that I *can*
down-load your pics, whatever it takes. Your work is very, very good.
Thanks.

can't say I would. But then I already have at my disposal some multiple
websites that one can view
images at without jumping through hoops.
I must be missing something as the images I have seen from plane Noise are
OK, but not worth jumping through hoops for.
And I don;t expect that mine would be either, I shoot for a particular
market only, I don't see why I would force people to
try and view them.
And this yenc crap. I can't view all the bloody images all the time anyway
;-)

Old August 9th 07, 11:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"P50" wrote in message
If someone posts in a format I can't view I decide from there what I want
to do.
Make some changes so I can or don't so I can not. Not that hard really.

In the end I just want to see pictures.

The only issue that I have with Yenc is that it is generally flooded into
the newsgroup.
Which sort of then nullifies the bandwidth issue that they use :-)

I generally view one or two of the posts at random but generally find myself
moving onto the non yenc photos.
I don't know why but tehy all sort of seem to be the same images only the
time is different ;-)

Old August 9th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

Then you misinterpreted it! No problem. I am neither for or against and
really don't care. But on the FAQ it does plainly state "Please refrain from
posting in formats such as yEnc"There not so much rules as merely
guidelines......( obvious Pirates of the Caribbean ref.) But it is obvious
most folks here do care one way or the other with most not in favor of
yEnc.Just trying to get some of the rancor down . Remids me of the whole
VHS/Beta or BlueRay/HDDVD thing....
"Clark" wrote in message
"Hub Plott III" wrote in
:

No, just a way to cut out the bitchin'! If you don't like yEnc posts
then just block those guys that post in that format aand your problem is
solved. It is much simpler and better that everyone taking sides and
rantng the pros and cons! Like I said the format does not bother me if
it opens; great! If not I move on to the next post.One day I will find
some freeware that works well with Outlook express then I can enjoy JPN
and others postings! "Clark" wrote in message
"Hub Plott III" wrote in
:

Actually it is very simple. When this NG was established one of the
"rules" was no yenc,plain and simple. Either you choose to follow the
rules or not, no skin off my nose either way. I have downloaded two
free yEnc decoders and neither have worked worth a damn but at least I
tried. As I have broadband, downloading useless posts does not create
a problem; for those for whom it does they can just block your posts
and problem solved.It is not that hard to work it out either way.
FWIW

Progress should be avoided at all costs...

--

Then why preach about non-existant "rules"? It sure sounded like an anti-
post to me.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Old August 9th 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

Clark:
What I care about is the constant bitching(yes I know we are adding to
that), it detracts from the pics and to suggest, suggest mind you that if we
all followed the guidelines there would be less bitching here(until the next
crisis arose).And it is not anti to post what is set up as guidelines for
all.Both sides can be selfish " don't you dare post in that format I can't
read it" or "I'll post in whatever I damn well please" No-one HAS to follow
the guidelines as no one can make them or do anything to them . So rather
than repeat this bitchfest every couple of months I am suggesting that for
everyone's blood pressure either get a yEnc decoder or killfile those who
post in yEnc rather than bitch about it. Either way it alleviates the
individuals problem one way or the other. I don't find yEnc better or easier
when it comes to pics but as JPN pointed out with multimedia posts it comes
in very handy. Your top posting comments were exactly in line with what I
was saying with VHS/Beta and such.
Now check out my posting on airshow shots and enjoy some nice aircraft pics.
Hub
"Clark" wrote in message
"Hub Plott III" wrote in
:

Then you misinterpreted it! No problem. I am neither for or against and
really don't care. But on the FAQ it does plainly state "Please refrain
from posting in formats such as yEnc"There not so much rules as merely
guidelines......( obvious Pirates of the Caribbean ref.) But it is
obvious most folks here do care one way or the other with most not in
favor of yEnc.Just trying to get some of the rancor down . Remids me of
the whole VHS/Beta or BlueRay/HDDVD thing....

Hmmm, it still sounds anti. Perhaps I misinterpret it, perhaps not. If you
really don't care then why post? How can the rancor possibly bother you?

Pro- and anti-yEnc arguments are just like top- and bottom-posting
arguments:
pointless because people are going to do whatever they want. If you post
about then it is obvious that you care. It's pointless to claim otherwise.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Old August 9th 07, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

No, you just don't get it and there is no explaining it to you at least to
your ability to comprehend.There is no contradiction at all as it would be
more harmonious if all followed the guidelines but since it won't happen
just get a decoder or killfile the ones that post in formats that cause you
displeasure There it can't be any more clearer but I won't be surprised if
you still don't interpret it correctly.There is most certainly no "do as I
say not as I do". But further discussion is pointless.Good luck and good day
sir!
"Clark" wrote in message
"Hub Plott III" wrote in
:

[...]

You are a posting contradiction. You claim to not be anti yet you
"suggest" that folks don't post in yEnc. That is anti, no if's and's or
but's. The canard about bitching is transparent since it is easier to
ignore bitching than it is to view it.

At the same time you are suggesting that people follow guidelines you are
ignoring other guidelines. Incredible. The old "do as I say and not as I
do" will get you nowhere.

"Clark" wrote in message
"Hub Plott III" wrote in
:

Old August 9th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

As I posted those comments I KNOW what they mean you only THINK you know
what I meant and it is the height of arrogance to assume you know better
than I do what I meant by what I said. Your passion,love or zealotry for
yEnc has rendered you incapable of seeing through your own rhetoric or you
just love a good argument(nothing wrong with that) So here it is so even
you might be able to grasp it
yEnc is fine. Use it if you like. If you don't like yEnc then block those
who post in it or if you are willing to try it get a decoder( directions to
one that actually works well with Outlook Express would be most useful) but
quit bitchin about yEnc's pros and cons here.Problem solved! I merely said
IF everyone followed the guidelines this place would run smoother but as
both you AND I said no one is going to. Now kindly go have a beer and relax,
I plan to do the same! Enjoy the pic!
"Clark" wrote in message
"Hub Plott III" wrote in
:

No, you just don't get it and there is no explaining it to you at least
to your ability to comprehend.There is no contradiction at all as it
would be more harmonious if all followed the guidelines but since it
won't happen just get a decoder or killfile the ones that post in
formats that cause you displeasure There it can't be any more clearer
but I won't be surprised if you still don't interpret it correctly.There
is most certainly no "do as I say not as I do". But further discussion
is pointless.Good luck and good day sir!

Oh I comprehend things just find. It just so happens that my
interpretation
doesn't agree with your opinion and I clearly stated why.

Oh by the way, every time you top post you are ignoring guidelines
established long before ABPA was started so you are clearly not following
your own suggestion that guidelines be followed, i.e. smack in the middle
of
"do as I say not as I do".

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4cm0oll.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	16002
Old August 9th 07, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:28:31 -0400, "Hub Plott III"
wrote:

No one said it was YOURnet
or my net!

Ahhh, but your are wrong, Mr. Top Poster. kack

The term "our group" has been used several times by different people,
perhaps not in this thread but in the overall yenc conversations.

Again, it is usenet. It belongs to no one. It belongs to everyone.
And, unless a newsgroup is moderated (binaries are never moderated as
faik), then any "rules" you make are simply suggestions. You can not
tell *anyone* what format they *must* post in.

If you can not download anything in yenc, then you are missing some
wonderful photos AND videos.

hth, Mr. Top Poster.

Dave

Old August 10th 07, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hub Plott III

Mr Name caller:
I fully agree with your usenet statments and what you said on yEnc in that
we are missing a lot of great stuff so. now if you want to be helpful point
the way to a decoder that works well with Outlook Express. I have tried two
and they suck! I am willing to try a third! So put up; I look forward to
seeing what I have been missing, Mr. Name Caller!