Renting a glider in Argentina

Old July 24th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Renting a glider in Argentina

Hello!

Does anyone know, could I visit a gliding club in Argentina somewhere
between August-Nov 2007 for a week?
Our business expanded to Argentina and I am looking forward
discovering the wonderful gliding country in depth, personally, from
the air :-)

Thank you in advance,

our club:
www.purilend.ee/lennuklubi

Old July 24th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Ts

teet.jagomagi wrote:
Does anyone know, could I visit a gliding club in Argentina somewhere
between August-Nov 2007 for a week?
Our business expanded to Argentina and I am looking forward discovering
the wonderful gliding country in depth, personally, from the air :-)

Don't know if this helps but ...

Take a look at this page in Spanish Wikipedia:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planeador

(Planeador is Spanish for glider.) There are some
links to gliding clubs in Argentina on that page.

Also, you can search for more using the Argentina version of Google:

http://www.google.com.ar/

Old July 24th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Check out the site for the Argentine soaring federation, FAVAV. There
are no commercial operations but you would surely be welcome at any
club. Another option is in early November when Jean-Marie Clement and
Klaus Ohlmann start flying in Patagonia and they'll take you up over
the Andes, often trying to beat their own spectacular records. That's
quite amazing flying (bottom two links.)

http://favav.com.ar/clubes/clubes.htm

http://www.topfly.aero/

http://www.quovadis.aero/uk/p5608.html