Arrogant-bordering on belligerent-owners (was:GAMIjectors)

Old September 9th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Arrogant-bordering on belligerent-owners (was:GAMIjectors)

"Blueskies" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message

Well Matt, rather than spending a lot of time trying to find a common
frame of reference (with thoughts of trying to teach a pig to sing),
I'll just repost my reply to one of your earlier attempts to read more
into one of my posts than was actually present.

Well, let's see: Newps makes a statement about his compression ratings and
you come back with how such readings can be faked. Where I come from, that's
"calling someone a liar".

Unfortunately, much of what you post here in the 'groups closely
resembles the common "ugly GA pilot/owner" stereotype.

How about this?: "Hey, Newps, under such and such conditions, you can get
false readings on compression tests.

With little regard;

My regard for you just fell into the basement.

Speaking of "UGLY", go look in a mirror.

TC

That's the reason I 'ploinked' him long ago...

Likewise to you.

Old September 9th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Toecutter, however, is an exception to that rule. He universally
expresses himself in a level-headed, fair and balanced way, and is
incredibly knowledgable and willing to share his wisdom and
experiences.

Unfortunately, clarity is not his strong point, at least in this case

As I mentioned in another post regarding his response to Newps claim about
his compression tests: "How about this?: "Hey, Newps, under such and such
conditions, you can get false readings on compression tests."

In his reply he presents such a mangled scenario that might be inferred as
calling Newps a fake or a liar.

He says I'm reading too much into it, but that's the risk one takes in being
exceptionally brief.

Old September 9th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Blueskies" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message

Well Matt, rather than spending a lot of time trying to find a common
frame of reference (with thoughts of trying to teach a pig to sing),
I'll just repost my reply to one of your earlier attempts to read more
into one of my posts than was actually present.

Unfortunately, much of what you post here in the 'groups closely
resembles the common "ugly GA pilot/owner" stereotype.

With little regard;

TC

That's the reason I 'ploinked' him long ago...

See Dan Thomas' assessment in the parallel thread.

Then GFY.

Old September 9th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Blueskies,

That's the reason I 'ploinked' him long ago...

You're not alone.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 10th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I have met too many A&Ps that I don't want anywhere near my airplane. How
about you? And some arrogant ones too. Just because they they know
how to work on them, they think they are engineers. Never opened a
genuine engineering textbook in their lives, but they'll make big fun of you
for stating even the most basic of facts that any undergraduate
enginneering student would easily know. And you can't even give them
references where they can check it out for themselves. They just
ignore you and go on arguing. They have their intuitions and don't
need you telling them anything.

This is very true. Even my A&P, who is a great friend and mentor to
me, occasionally betrays this trait. I suppose it comes from decades
of experience working with owners who think they know everything?

I'm no engineer, but my A&P used to go absolutely nuts when I would
research a problem on-line before taking it to him. I innocently
figured it was best to get some good input from you guys (and others)
for him to work with BEFORE ripping into the plane, but he would just
go on and on about "Getting your information from those internet
people" -- as if it was like hanging out with unwashed homeless people
or sumpin'...

;-)

Now, after many years (and seeing that, on occasion, I was able to
point him in the right direction with an aircraft problem) he is much
more accepting of this sort of input -- but I suspect he still
privately makes fun of it...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 10th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
El Maximo

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

people who don't have the balls to identify themselves.

And then there are those of us who have stopped posting using real names
after having received credible death threats for posting unpopular views.

Old September 10th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Blueskies wrote:

That's the reason I 'ploinked' him long ago...

What is a "ploink" ?

Old September 10th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Kloudy,

What is a "ploink" ?

Correct spelling is "plonk", a slang term for adding a person to a
killfile. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plonk

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 11th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in message
Blueskies wrote:

That's the reason I 'ploinked' him long ago...

What is a "ploink" ?

A typical mangled response of a overgrown adolasent who hasn't made a dimes
worth of sense in any of his posts.

Old September 11th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"El Maximo" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

people who don't have the balls to identify themselves.

And then there are those of us who have stopped posting using real names
after having received credible death threats for posting unpopular views.

And maybe not even death threats, and even mild threats are not credible.
However, what is it that people can't separate the message from the
messenger? Does it really matter who the person is who posts? Isn't the
critical issue the credibility of WHAT they say?

So where did so many pick up the stalker mentality?

I suppose those snotballs would have taken issue with the authors of The
Federalist papers.

Beech Duke Owners/ex-Owners ple help... Stanley Owning 12 June 10th 16 12:36 AM
GAMIjectors Dan Luke[_2_] Owning 25 September 9th 07 02:37 PM
SHK Owners [email protected] Soaring 1 February 7th 06 06:37 PM
Arrogant judges making law... Denny Piloting 27 March 23rd 05 06:11 PM
Any UH-1 owners in here? Jim Rotorcraft 7 October 6th 03 02:33 AM