Planes drone out MLK celebration

Old January 18th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Planes drone out MLK celebration

"Morgans" wrote in message
Well spoken, for a Texan. I think the only thing more overblown than
Texas's size, is a Texan's ego. You can have them both.

Well, considering the fact that you're from NC, I can understand your
position... Obviously, it is a product of you being unfortunate enough to
live somewhere like that without good BBQ...

Old January 18th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote

Obviously, it is a product of you being unfortunate enough to
live somewhere like that without good BBQ...

NOT!!!
Old January 18th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Morgans" wrote in message ...
NOT!!!

I must disagree... You admitted that you are in NC... By definition, you do
not have good BBQ... Surely you knew that it's impossible to have good BBQ
outside of Texas...

Old January 19th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Rachel" wrote in message
Gary Drescher wrote:
snip
That's the second time in two days that you've gleefully contemplated

the
nuking of minorities or their supporters. Perhaps you think this is
rec.aviation.aryan.nation.

His point was that right next to an airport is a pretty poor selection
for an outdoor celebration.

The poster said he lives in Newark, which is not close to any airports. As
was pointed out by another poster, it turns out that Newark appears to be a
central point for many aircraft departing from, or heading to, San
Francisco, San Carlos, Palo Alto, San Jose, and Reid-Hillview. In a way, it
is kind of funny that someone could move to Newark to be away from an
airport, and end up with more aircraft traffic than if they lived near an
airport.

Old January 19th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Grumman-581 wrote:

"Morgans" wrote in message ...

NOT!!!

I must disagree... You admitted that you are in NC... By definition, you do
not have good BBQ... Surely you knew that it's impossible to have good BBQ
outside of Texas...

That is right. Texas has good BBQ and other places have great BBQ. :-)

Matt
Old January 19th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Tom Conner wrote:
"Rachel" wrote in message

snip

The poster said he lives in Newark, which is not close to any airports. As
was pointed out by another poster, it turns out that Newark appears to be a
central point for many aircraft departing from, or heading to, San
Francisco, San Carlos, Palo Alto, San Jose, and Reid-Hillview. In a way, it
is kind of funny that someone could move to Newark to be away from an
airport, and end up with more aircraft traffic than if they lived near an
airport.

Sounds like poor research of the area to me.
Old January 19th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Matt Whiting" wrote

That is right. Texas has good BBQ and other places have great BBQ. :-)

\
Thanks, Matt. Took the words right out of my mouth. g
--
Jim in NC
Old January 19th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Larry wrote:
Naw. He's just a typical 'all hat and no cattle' Texan

I'm sure he's got a cow waiting for him at home. :^)

Old January 19th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

daffy wrote:
snip

Is it the noise, or is it some other issue? The noise only.

Guess what? The airplanes were there FIRST. Like I pointed out before,
i live right under one of the busiest airports in the country. It's
LOUD. Keeps my guest up at night. Should the airlines cease
operations? Cargo companies? Please answer that question.

It was two questions, but I would answer "no" to each.

People who move next to busy airports really have no business complaining
about noise, obviously. This does not contradict any of the criticisms
of GA, the FAA mission and culture, enforcement of FARs, local control
over GA airports, etc. that I and others have.

Old January 19th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Tom Conner wrote:
"Rachel" wrote in message
Gary Drescher wrote:
snip
That's the second time in two days that you've gleefully contemplated

the
nuking of minorities or their supporters. Perhaps you think this is
rec.aviation.aryan.nation.

His point was that right next to an airport is a pretty poor selection
for an outdoor celebration.

The poster said he lives in Newark, which is not close to any airports. As
was pointed out by another poster, it turns out that Newark appears to be a
central point for many aircraft departing from, or heading to, San
Francisco, San Carlos, Palo Alto, San Jose, and Reid-Hillview. In a way, it
is kind of funny that someone could move to Newark to be away from an
airport, and end up with more aircraft traffic than if they lived near an
airport.

I live in Newark for 30 years or so, and this excess plane noise
is a recent event. It started about 3 years ago. It could be a result
of rerouting because of 9/11, or else I am getting more sensitive to
noise.

Anyone know an area in the Bay Area relatively free of small plane
noise I can move to if needed? South or East Bay area prefered.