Cat peeking out of the bag?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 04, 05:38 AM

Well, under "critique" I understand something constructive. What you're
doing is nothing but an attack, you like it or not.

You remind me of people I have been tasked to assist in writing during
my school years. Your work is so botched it's beyond salvage. If you
want to call it an attack it is up to you. But if you really want a
full-blown critique, loan me a review copy, and I'll send it back with
my notes.

As second: your attack from amazon.com was NOT removed. Neither me nor
anybody else complained, and therefore it was not removed - as can be seen
by everybody who opens the page he
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...78422?v=glance

So, here I must conclude that you're lying.

I checked two days ago, and they were gone. Maybe they put it back at
the behest of people who read this thread?

As next, it is well-known to us that there are several readers who do not
hate that book but me - and who repeatedly attack my person by prentending
of attacking the book. The silly thing about this is that all four of them
are well-known to me: two because they plagiarized me, and two because they
attacked the book although they never read it.

I don't give a what who else you've ****ed off, but it's reassuring
its a big group and certainly growing, no doubt. You never replied
about you attacking genuine experts in this field. In this thread
alone, you've shown your typical condescending attitude towards ppl
who've been there, done that.

That poster, who I do not know personally but have had the pleasure of
reading his posts over the years, was, as I understand it, Executive
Officer of VX-4, "The Evaluators", the US Navy's fighter test
squadron. They tested and developed tactics and technolgy for the
Navy's tactical air force. He was also Commanding Officer of VF-126,
one of the elite adversary/aggressor squadrons, who no doubt were
immersed in knowledge of bad guy capabilities. From his postings, I
understand he was also posted as an Instructor Pilot in exchange with
the USAF, teaching them to fly F-4 Phantoms, not to mention long
service with the Fleet in F-4s and F-14s. Now, answer this: How is it
you know more about fighter tactics than he? You're a being a ****ing
joke, Tom Cooper. Everyone can see it, but you!

That's right: I can't play baseball.

Add to that:
1)You cannot be humbled, ever.
2)You cannot recognize superior authority in knowledge, when faced.
You only respond in personal taunts.
3)You can't penetrate Military Aviation writing in-depth. Your work is
superficial, and amaturish.
4)You won't admit errors.

Well, from exchange with him I'm sure that he is still convinced that
Iranian F-14s were not armed with AIM-7s. Would you like to join him in that
opinion?

Let's see. He was a serving general officer in one of the most
professional air forces in that region. Iraq had recieved satelite
targeting data from the US, and other military intel during that
conflict. You would think whatever intel on the F-14 they were unable
to ascertain locally, were provided to them also by Uncle Sam. Now who
do I believe, him or some egotistical amature with a very weak base
of work?

With other words, you haven't read the book either... But you comment about
it?

Oh I certainly attempted to read it. But it was written in such
fractured, grammatical error-filled English; not to mention the areas
that I was able to withstand and comprehend, were filled with
superficial ramblings on an interesting topic the authors' have little
insightfull knowledge on. I did not take home that 5lb, $40 overpriced
piece of ****, waste of ink and paper, to join my 7000 strong aviation
library.

Now you changed your opinion and say that only a "portion" of Gillcrist's
book - i.e. Chapter 7, page 48 - was "lifted". (BTW, you spell Mr.
Gillcrist's name wrongly).

Portion? Authors who plagerize take little bits here and there. You
damn near copied several hundred words from Gillchrist near word for
word.

But OK. That's at least specific enough. On the page 33 of "Iran-Iraq War in
the Air, 1980-1988", there is one sentence taken from that book. On the end
of it is sign for footnote 39.... and the footnote 39 (p.54) says: "TOMCAT!
The Grumman F-14 Story, by R.Adm (USN. Ret.) Paul T. Gillcrist."

Yes, that is true. I admit I missed that piece, but that was several
months ago that I read your book. And I do remember now what I thought
as I read that book: Tom Cooper quoted and gave credit for that
single line. But how does he explain not giving credit for the several
hundred words he knocked off "Tomcat!"? I was very familiar with that
Gillchrist book and knew right away you were poaching off his volume.
It was near word-for-word plagerism.

It certainly read like the authors were presenting the information
regarding the F-14 pre-sale drama as their own. If I had pulled that
**** in class, the professor would have ripped me to shreads. The
conclusion reached in this case is that, a)He cannot write
competently; b)He flat stole those passages. Judging from what I have
seen and know of you, its 50/50 of each.

Now, to end this bull **** he-haw dance, you go and post that chapter
I'm speaking of, word for word, as it appeared in the book. This will
serve three causes: a)People who have yet to see your work will see
how poorly written that book is; b)It will stroke your ego; and c)It
will prove you're a plagerizer, because I'm going to post the
corresponding chapter from "Tomcat!", and we can compare and will see
what you refuse to acknowledge. We will know that you God damn stole
other people's work.

For your information, the same book is mentioned at least five times
elsewhere in footnotes of our book. So, you're lying here too.

A reputable, and now-late historian, Dr. Whatshisface Ambrose, also
quothed heavily from "Wings of Morning" by Dr. Childers. But a
noticable chunks of Childers' work, he flat out stole. He got pinched
for that one, just like you're going to be, Herr Cooper. Ambrose can
be forgiven. You cannot, because you are not a reputable historian.

Eventually, you ough to admit appearing pretty silly regarding this, then in
your eagerness to attack me you failed to notice that both books were
published by Schiffer Military Publishing, Atglen. Do you seriously consider
them so stupid to accept a manuscript that is plagiarising one of their
earlier books?

Well, that Iran-Iraq war book was written so poorly, I don't think
they even read it, or if they did, released it anyway, thinking it can
float on the weight of their reputation. Once you post the relevant
chapter I have asked you to, I'm going to renew my contact with
Admiral Gillchrist, and maybe he'll take it up with Schiffer.

Well, perhaps you could contact Mr. Ian Robertson (editor) and ask him. I
never got any answer regarding this.

You want me to add Osprey, several other publishers, and retailers to
that list? Putting your writing career in a coffin is not something I
would relish (I don't hack people for the fun of it), but if that's
what you want me to do... Your caper on that "Iran Iraq 80-88 book"
alone would sink ya, or at the minimum put a mark on ya you won't be
able to rub off.

When one refuses to see something with his own eyes...

He speaks from his ass-hole, like you are so prone on doing.

It is the in footnote 39 and footnote 43 of that chapter, just for
example. You're only so much involved in attempt to attack me, that you
oversaw this completely.

Should you want to continue in the same style, I'll obviously have to post
here also something like 30 other footnotes from that book...

What makes me wonder here, how would you then describe such books like "Red
Wings over Yalu", which consist of footnotes and references to almost 40%?

From what I recall, your footnotes were as shallow as the text, and
added nothing to further understanding of the topic. Vague is the word
I would employ to give name to your footnotes.

That's not the answer to question I asked. So, here again: WHERE am I "known
as plagiarizer"?

You're known as a plagerizer to me. Before I read that book, you were
known simply as an amature, egotistical wannabe aviation historian.
Now you can add plagerizer to your title. I am positively certain,
others more knoledgable than I have recognized this as well. But they
don't like to wrestle with pigs, like I do.

And there were critiques at Amazon.com sharper
and less vile in tone than mine, yet equally truthfull. The reviews
for your book @ Amazon were near unanimous: it's bunk.

All the "critiques" are still there. Why don't you go there and see them for
yourself?

I'll take your word for it. Why is it everyone who voices their
disapproval of that God damn book has to be somehow after you? You act
like we're a cabal of sorts. Amusing.

And after
several months up there, everyone's postings were removed!

This is a lie, and you know that. Nothing was removed.

Besides, what is with the following review:
http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/engr...o3/book7_e.asp

Wow, a review from a Canadian Military Journal. Oh golly gee wiz
Wally, I'll read it as soon as I'm finished reading the review on
bobsledding by the prestigious Kuwaiti Forum of Winter Sporting. Try
again, ace.

As you can see, I'm here, with my full name.

Oh, and who are you and what are your qualifications?

Oh little old me? I'm just a thumbsucker who likes jet books. Got any
good ones do ya?

Re. Steve Davies: Steve is meanwhile acknowledged as THE expert when it
comes to USAF F-15s, with excellent contacts within the USAF F-15C/E
circles, a number of related books, articles and even TV-shows. If he's what
you describe as "amateur", I'm gladly joining him in that status.

I thought THE expert[s] when it comes to USAF F-15s were at Nellis?
I'm happy you've given your pal a reach-around. It's absolutely
touching and a tear jerker when you folk do that. I'm sure he thinks
you're THE expert on non-aligned air arms too. ONI, AIA and DIA have
nothing on you and your posse at www.acig.org. You heard it here
first! And screw those dozens of reputable authors out there who just
don't know what the hell they're screaming about, not when ACIG.org
and Tom Cooper are around.

Well, of course not: you don't hate me. You are just engaged in a campaign
of spreading lies about me.

Ah Yep. You got me. You won't tell on me will ya? Any other
conspiracies you care to share?

To be sincere and direct - as I always am: I don't care the least about your
opinion, nor am I trying to change it.

I'm just putting your lies straight.

You just post that stuff I asked you to, regarding the F-14 sale.
Don't you get creative now and dare add anything. Better yet, post a
scan of the pages. I'll be ready with my ****. Or you can just save us
all time and fess up. Save your rep while you can, friend. Because
once you post those jpegs, you've just flushed yourself down the hole.
But let's not let it reach that, buddy. Just tell me you messed up a
little and won't do it again, promise-to-God, cross-your-fingers
hope-to-die, and I'll get off your case.

Or just don't respond to this post, and I'll get your message. I'll
fade off, and you won't hear from me ever.

Tom Cooper
Freelance aviation journalist

Author:
- Iranian F-14 Tomcat Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S7875

- Arab MiG-19 and MiG-21 Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S6550

- Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S6585

- African MiGs
http://www.acig.org/afmig/

- Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988