Pack guns in your little airplane

Old July 11th 03, 08:45 PM
MJC

I'm sorry, there are NO good reasons to disarm "regular" folks.

MJC

"Wooduuuward" wrote in message

This reminds me of the situation in Australia, where the police
figure now that the crooks know for sure there are no firearms
in people's homes, burglaries have risen dramatically in broad
daylight with people still in their homes. The crooks don't care
if anyone is home anymore.
You don't have to use a gun, the very thought that it might be
there can be a deterrent to criminals.
I know, I know, there's lots of good reasons to disarm regular
folks. But the fact remains, forcible house break-ins have risen
since the 'peasants' have been disarmed.

Del Rawlins wrote:
snip . . . The guy started to get nasty and
in his face until he realized my friend was wearing his .45, at which
point his politeness returned to him. Now the gun was not mentioned nor
was a move made for it, but without a doubt had it not been there the
client would have continued, possibly getting physical, /snip.

Old July 11th 03, 11:17 PM
Dave S

I already pack when I fly XC. Im credentialed to carry a concealed
handgun in my state, and most of the neighboring states offer
reciprocity to concealed handgun licenseholders.

I dont take the aircraft to airline terminal ramps, so Im not bringing a
weapon into the secured area. This issue is specifically unaddressed by
part 91, which is what my operations are under, so its permitted behavior.

I've acknowledged this fact on many occasions in previous threads on
this issue. And, if I hadnt acknowledged this, the vast majority of
persons I interact with would be none the wiser: hence thats why its
called "concealed carry"

Dave, PPSEL

pac plyer wrote:

"Peter Duniho", who apparently can't navigate around a TFR wrote:
: (then hit view complete
thread)

Captain wubba correctly pointed out:

screaming 'That's not
fair! That's not fair! I want to be able to fly over the stadiums
again!' doesn't help our cause. It makes us look like we are more
concerned with our own toys than withe the security of the US

Pac sez:

Exactly, thank you Cap Wubba for saying this so I didn't have to.
Reading Peter's irrational moaning was giving me a migraine. All the
whining in the world about how "unfair" TFR's are will change nothing.
And No one is going to feel sorry for "you rich guys" and your
recreational flying woes.

So what will stop this GA witch hunt? I'd like like to call attention
to what the Air Line Pilot's Association is doing: arming themselves
to the teeth in federally approved programs. Instead of having
security officers everywhere, including the cockpit, like Aeroflot
used to do, they are assuming the role of deputized custodian of
FAR121 travel.

The same could be done for part 91 flight. We could all write Phil
Boyer at AOPA and Paul Jr. at EAA and suggest arming ourselves at
little airports across America. This would keep non-flying TSA drones
out of our hair while at the same time providing real protection for
the GA fleet.

I know, I know: Liberals like xxxxx, will start whining again about
how unfair it is that he should have to carry a gun... But no matter.
Either we start protecting these ramps ourselves, or after a few more
rag-head GA incidents, here comes the TSA at your airport to do it for
you:

"I'm sorry sir, this is a secure area... you'll have to leave that screw
driver with me, until you return from your aircraft."

Now just let me slip into my anti-gunner flak jacket here... O.K..

What do you guys think?

Pac "guns" plyer

Old July 11th 03, 11:22 PM
Dave S

Wow.. I can see all the people coming out of the woodwork to get their
pilots license now.. GREAT MARKETING IDEA!! Especially in cities and
states that are antigun.
Dave

Capt. Doug wrote:

(snip)
Here's how we handle it. Add a regulation to Part 61 that requires private
pilot candidates to obtain a permit to carry a firearm. This involves a
criminal background check and fingerprinting along with a gun safety course
(which should please the public naysayers). These are the same requirements
for a concealed firearm permit that many right-to-carry states already have.
The difference is that the permit will be honored in all 50 states if you
have the aviation endorsement.

D.

Old July 11th 03, 11:25 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Richard Riley" wrote in message

Peter, the pilots need to go through exactly the same firearms
training as air marshals to be allowed to carry. The fact that the
public doesn't know that is a failure of PR, not the rules.

I was thinking of private pilots. People do know about the commercial
pilots and their training.

Regarding the state laws: as a private individual I do not have the support
structure of an airline. Therefore, I must carry any weapon to and from the
plane in any state I visit. Being as I already have too much to carry, I do
not want to have to carry some special case or anything of the sort, I would
just want to be able to carry the weapon on my belt like my cell phone
(yikes, between the phone, av radio, ham radio, multi-tool, etc. my belt is
filling up. Soon I will need LBE to go anywhere). At present, this is a
problem.

Old July 12th 03, 04:04 AM
Neal

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:25:53 GMT, "Peter Gottlieb"
wrote:

plane in any state I visit. Being as I already have too much to carry, I do
not want to have to carry some special case or anything of the sort, I would
just want to be able to carry the weapon on my belt like my cell phone
(yikes, between the phone, av radio, ham radio, multi-tool, etc. my belt is
filling up. Soon I will need LBE to go anywhere). At present, this is a
problem.

Take a look at the Kel-Tec P-32, very lightweight and compact,
adequate deterrant power when loaded with Silvertips.

http://www.kel-tec.com/prod02.htm

Old July 12th 03, 06:50 PM
Big John

Neal

I have one (Kel-Tec P-32). In a crotch holster it is well hidden and
comfortable. Recommend, Very light with lots of plastic. I asked mfgr
how well they held up and they said they had never worn one out on the
range yet.

Big John
Armed and ready when needed.

Old July 13th 03, 03:53 AM
Capt. Doug

Peter Gottlieb wrote in message I would
just want to be able to carry the weapon on my belt like my cell phone
(yikes, between the phone, av radio, ham radio, multi-tool, etc. my belt

is
filling up. Soon I will need LBE to go anywhere). At present, this is a
problem.

It would be a big problem if you reached to your belt for a weapon and tried
to shoot somebody with your cellphone.

D. :-)

Old July 13th 03, 05:45 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message
Peter Gottlieb wrote in message I would
just want to be able to carry the weapon on my belt like my cell phone
(yikes, between the phone, av radio, ham radio, multi-tool, etc. my belt

is
filling up. Soon I will need LBE to go anywhere). At present, this is

problem.

It would be a big problem if you reached to your belt for a weapon and

tried
to shoot somebody with your cellphone.

Or, reached for my cellphone and...