Cambridge 302 fuse

Old December 17th 18, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cambridge 302 fuse

Does anyone know what size fuse (amps) should be used with a 302?
I can't find it in the manual.

http://www.bas.uk.net/docs/302_v2.pdf

Thanks,
Uwe
Old December 17th 18, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

It gives you the current draw specs in the documentation. A 1A fuse should be fine. Personally I would use a circuit breaker.
Old December 17th 18, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

I agree with Darryl on the 1A rating for the fuse and the alternative use of a breaker.

But to be clear about the breaker, and respectfully to Darryl, I would *NOT* use a 1A breaker as you can loose ~1Vdc* across the terminals according to the (Klixon and Tyco) specifications. I detail this gotcha' at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#wiring.

I don't use anything less than 5A breaker for my main bus for this reason.

Thanks, John OHM Ω

*depending on load
Old December 17th 18, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Yes....being picky on spelling/autocorrect....."lose" not "loose".........

I pick because spelling errors lose (not loose) searches on other forums I am on......

OK......I will go back to reading, add info if I have a clue......

Oh, BTW, happy holidays everyone.......
Old December 17th 18, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 2:14:32 PM UTC-6, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Yes....being picky on spelling/autocorrect....."lose" not "loose"..........

I pick because spelling errors lose (not loose) searches on other forums I am on......

OK......I will go back to reading, add info if I have a clue......

Oh, BTW, happy holidays everyone.......

Point taken. Too bad we can't edit prior RAS posts. I once typed "not" instead of "now" in a work email - boy, did that provoke some interesting feedback. Is there a browser add-on spell checker that picks up these types of grammatical screw ups? I tried with MS Word and it didn't.

And happy holidays to you too (also?). ;-)

- John
Old December 17th 18, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 1:14:32 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Yes....being picky on spelling/autocorrect....."lose" not "loose".........

I pick because spelling errors lose (not loose) searches on other forums I am on......

OK......I will go back to reading, add info if I have a clue......

Oh, BTW, happy holidays everyone.......

Thank you.

Have a triumphant Festivus!

Mike
Old December 18th 18, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I hate giving up a volt, too, but I used a 1 amp breaker for my Trig
TN70.Â* Its minimum specified voltage is 9 volts and it's maximum draw is
300 mA, so I don't see the down side of the 1 amp breaker. My panel will
shut down before 10 volts is reached, anyway.

Always open to learning something new, however.

--
Dan, 5J

B40 fuse question Tuno Soaring 3 December 8th 08 08:43 PM
Tube Fuse Oil Holes John[_17_] Home Built 8 March 21st 08 01:11 PM
KR-2 fuse for sale Turbo Tiger Home Built 3 December 17th 05 07:27 PM
Fuse the Wire or Fuse the Device? ContestID67 Soaring 11 April 27th 05 03:13 AM
Cambridge Fuse Question Brian Iten Soaring 9 January 4th 05 03:43 PM