Report from Arlington

Old July 12th 03, 02:42 AM
Rich S.

Default Report from Arlington

At Arlington today, the following rah ilk were spotted, foraging amongst the
dry grass and halter tops:

Ron "the Red" Waantaja was seated in a custom 3" high lawn chair emblazoned
with a Flybaby logo - under Moonraker's wing. He seemed kind of low.

John Ousterhout, having spent the night with John Ammeter, showed up a bit
late this morning. When asked if he had been treated to more than a few
glasses of "Arrogant ******* Ale" replied, "I'm not sure".

Robert "O-Ring" Seals was his usual gentlemanly self, smiling and saying a
few words to all his many friends. I didn't have the heart to tell him about
his fly.

and . . . just to be honest . . .

Rich S. wore long pants today trying to conceal the fact that he had broken
out with heat rash from being up there on Wednesday.

I didn't take any pictures today. The only ones I took Wednesday were to
show how the weather was. You can see them at:
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo1.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo2.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo3.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo4.jpg

Rich "Gawd, I itch" S.

Old July 12th 03, 02:48 AM
Larry Smith

"Rich S." wrote in message
[...]

Well, I'll be damned. Every one of them sympathetic characters, likeable,
altruistic, and of good repute.

I thought it was Wantaaja, however.

Are there no scoundrels there? Where's Mickey Via?

Old July 12th 03, 03:59 AM
Jerery Springer

Larry Smith wrote:
"Rich S." wrote in message

[...]

I was there yesterday and today Larry and saw lots of Glasairs WITH LATCHES. :-)

Jerry

Old July 12th 03, 04:44 AM
Rich S.

"Big John" wrote in message
Rich

If you see my son-in-law, Robert Borovec say hello from his Father-in-
law. He is probably around the UL he donated to Arlington for display
or selling a couple of engines he brought to clean out his garage on
Mercer island.

Y'all have a good time. Wx in paper looks like it is best in years.
Would love to be there and meet some of the group from r.a.h.

Big John
Point of the sword

My time is up for playing with airplanes this week, John. She who must be
obeyed hath spoken - tomorrow is the deadline for grass mowing. If I don't,
I'll be dead.

I also found out this morning that, on Monday, the runway at Port Orchard
will be turned into ground up chunks of blacktop. They estimate two weeks
before re-asphalting. I'm afeerd that it may turn into two months. I may be
able to get off on the grass if I'm solo and low on gas. May have to go up
there (after mowing) and practice my short field technique while taking
field measurements.

Hope I don't have to move to another airport in the interim.

Rich

Old July 12th 03, 06:20 AM
Barnyard BOb --

At Arlington today, the following rah ilk were spotted, foraging amongst the
dry grass and halter tops:

I didn't take any pictures today. The only ones I took Wednesday were to
show how the weather was. You can see them at:
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo1.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo2.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo3.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo4.jpg

Rich "Gawd, I itch" S.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey.
No *GREEN* anywhere.

Where's the fungi, mushrooms, mold and mildew, Mr."'webfoot" S.?
BWB said it never stopped raining in the 3 years he spent up there.

Barnyard BOb --
Old July 12th 03, 07:10 AM
Jerry Springer

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:
At Arlington today, the following rah ilk were spotted, foraging amongst the
dry grass and halter tops:

I didn't take any pictures today. The only ones I took Wednesday were to
show how the weather was. You can see them at:
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo1.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo2.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo3.jpg
http://www.harbornet.com/folks/shankland/awo4.jpg

Rich "Gawd, I itch" S.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey.
No *GREEN* anywhere.

Where's the fungi, mushrooms, mold and mildew, Mr."'webfoot" S.?
BWB said it never stopped raining in the 3 years he spent up there.

Barnyard BOb --

Maybe it just rained on him. :-) This was the driest I have seen it there.
All the grass was brown instead of nice green.

Jerry

Old July 12th 03, 11:26 AM
Wayne Sagar

Barnyard BOb -- wrote in message . ..
Hey.
No *GREEN* anywhere.

Where's the fungi, mushrooms, mold and mildew, Mr."'webfoot" S.?
BWB said it never stopped raining in the 3 years he spent up there.

LOL.. that's just the lies that we NorthWesties tell you drylanders to
keep ya'll where ya are!

Wayne Sagar
All Aviation FlightLine OnLine
http://www.aafo.com/
Old July 12th 03, 03:12 PM
Rich S.

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
.. . .
And for those asking: It's "W a n t t a j a". Just like it's pronounced.

I gots pictures from Arlington, but they're all of Fly Babies....

Ron Wanttaja

I have it entered in my spell checker so's I don't misspell it.
Unfortunately, it is entered under:
Wanttaja
Waantaja
Wantaaja
and several other variations.

I apologize for not taking the time to cross check the spelling with my
address book entry but, "A rose by any other name. . . "

Rich S.

Old July 12th 03, 03:30 PM
Rich S.

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

Hey.
No *GREEN* anywhere.

Where's the fungi, mushrooms, mold and mildew, Mr."'webfoot" S.?
BWB said it never stopped raining in the 3 years he spent up there.

What with Boeing moving corporate hq to Chicago, and their production to the
Van Grunsven "quick build" plant in Malaysia, we can no longer afford to
air-condition Washington State.

The entire financial climate has undergone drastic changes as well. A new
five cent/gallon gas tax is being levied to provide meals on wheels for
those commuters who have been gridlocked on the roads for sometimes days at
a time.

The cost of saving the environment is steadily climbing. Low cost
hydroelectric power is but a memory, as we are forced to release all of the
spring melt water from the dams to insure the salmon will survive. The pols
and greeners have failed to notice that there are so many salmon nowadays
the commercial fisherfolk are sometimes giving them away on the dock.

Yes, Washington is still a lousy choice for those looking for a place to
find a new residence. Unless you are flying a small aircraft, don't even
bother to visit. If you will stay away, we'll even send you some
complimentary latches. In most cases. )

Rich "I'm allergic to sunshine" S.

Old July 12th 03, 07:01 PM
Larry Smith

"Jerery Springer" wrote in message
Larry Smith wrote:
"Rich S." wrote in message

[...]

Hell, I found the source of those things, the very bloomin' origin, and they
are reasonably priced too.

Plus, I also found out how to spell Wanttaja.

Sorry, though. I know you want my hitek Hartwell latches, but you can't
have them.