KML to IGC conversion?

Old February 26th 20, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default KML to IGC conversion?

I know there are a lot of threads regarding conversion of .IGC to .KML format, but does anyone know of a tool to go the opposite direction. Obviously, some of the header records etc would need to be "dummied", but I'm only really interested in being able to step through B Records using SeeYou or another igc viewer.
Old February 26th 20, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan Foster

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 3:21:55 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
I know there are a lot of threads regarding conversion of .IGC to .KML format, but does anyone know of a tool to go the opposite direction. Obviously, some of the header records etc would need to be "dummied", but I'm only really interested in being able to step through B Records using SeeYou or another igc viewer.

Have you tried gpsbabel?

https://www.gpsbabel.org/capabilities.html
Old February 26th 20, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 3:21:55 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
I know there are a lot of threads regarding conversion of .IGC to .KML format, but does anyone know of a tool to go the opposite direction. Obviously, some of the header records etc would need to be "dummied", but I'm only really interested in being able to step through B Records using SeeYou or another igc viewer.

Thanks to both Jonathon and Martin. Was short on googling time, so you guys did the work for me :-) Looks like GPSbabel fits the bill. Can't run it on my work computer but will try when I get home.
Old February 27th 20, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

I use RouteConverter for some other things. Have had no issues with it or its conversions to/from various formats. Has the benefit of showing the data on your choice of a base map. You can also easily delete (i.e. pre-takeoff or post landing points) (or add) position points if needed.

It opened one of my igc files and saved it to a kmz. Only issue was the need to select the "Position List" drop down list.

VHS to DVD conversion tom Home Built 0 October 21st 07 04:50 AM
VW Conversion [email protected] Home Built 4 June 3rd 07 07:43 PM
cub to sua conversion Tuno Soaring 2 March 23rd 07 01:23 PM
LS-4 to LS-4a conversion Dan Peters Soaring 1 September 1st 06 01:29 AM
LS-4 to LS-4a conversion Dan Peters Soaring 1 August 29th 06 06:50 AM