Correct adhesive to use to attach tail wheel assembly.

Old April 1st 18, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Correct adhesive to use to attach tail wheel assembly.

On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good
Old April 1st 18, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 9:01:38 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good

ditto on what Tony recommended, brushable though, not spray.
Good luck,
Scott.
Old April 1st 18, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Standard application is with liquid contact cement. Be sure to give each side time to set-up before putting them together. Secondary method is a thick double sided tape. K&G used to carry it. I have never seen it other than glider suppy dealers in the US.

The skids are designed to break loose under load to protect the boom. Be careful not to use too strong of glue to attach it on.
Old April 1st 18, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:01:38 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good

Weld Wood...Wildwood is a resort in NJ

Old April 1st 18, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 10:41:05 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
Standard application is with liquid contact cement. Be sure to give each side time to set-up before putting them together. Secondary method is a thick double sided tape. K&G used to carry it. I have never seen it other than glider suppy dealers in the US.

The skids are designed to break loose under load to protect the boom. Be careful not to use too strong of glue to attach it on.

Adding a wrap of fabric tape around the seam after curing seems to help prevent the start of peeling of the glue joint.
UH
Old April 1st 18, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Weldwood - me, too.Â* On my ASW-19b and LS-6a.Â* Works like a charm. Apply
with a brush, allow to dry, then bring the parts together.Â* Be careful
with alignment because it sticks!

--
Dan, 5J

Old April 3rd 18, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 3/31/2018 8:01 PM, Tony wrote:
On my Cirrus I've used Wildwood Contact Cement which comes in a can at Ace Hardware and others. So far so good

--
Dan, 5J

Thanks to all for the replies. Whine, be helpless and the soaring community responds. A buddy left some weldwood and a couple of brushes in my hangar. Thanks Jim.

I am currently out of dry Italian Red wine. If you have any suggestions, please deliver to my hangar.

9P

ASW 19 tail wheel [email protected] Soaring 13 September 20th 16 11:09 PM
spare tail dolly wheel assembly [email protected] Soaring 3 February 19th 15 03:29 PM
ASW tail wheel Dan Mockler Soaring 8 July 31st 12 05:26 PM
ASW tail wheel Dan Mockler Soaring 0 July 28th 12 09:53 PM
FS: Blanik L-13 Tail Skid & Tail Wheel Assembly Tim Hanke Soaring 0 February 8th 05 02:34 PM