Check out "Dr Jack BLIPMAP Viewer" android US only

Old January 9th 19, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Boris Kubrak

Default Check out "Dr Jack BLIPMAP Viewer" android US only

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 10:16:27 AM UTC-5, Tim Taylor wrote:
Very nice, is there a way to set the imagefor thermal updraft velocity to fixed?

In the latest release you can configure each map to either "classic coloring" or "fixed coloring"
Old January 9th 19, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG[_2_]

On my Pixel 2 with Android 9 I don't see the maps. I get the list of 6 drop down selections (to 4 maps), but no maps. Am I missing something obvious?

Same here. Works on an old Nexus, but shows no graphics on Pixel2, just populated dropdown boxes....
Old January 9th 19, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Boris,

Thank you for the quick update! Works well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.
Old January 9th 19, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marton KSz

On my Pixel 2 with Android 9 I don't see the maps. I get the list of 6 drop down selections (to 4 maps), but no maps.
Same here on Pixel 2. The dropdown bars are there but doesn't display the images (maps). Also, keeps crashing after the 2nd and all subsequent runs. My phone offered to send all the crash data and sysinfo to you, hopefully you'll be able to fix it.
Otherwise, great and useful app, works well on an older Android 6.0 device.
Old January 9th 19, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C Koenig[_2_]

I am bummed it doesn't work on my Pixel 2 either.
Old January 9th 19, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great job! Works nicely on a Samsung SM-J320V. Gonna be helpful this summer.
Old January 9th 19, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:18:54 PM UTC-5, Boris Kubrak wrote:
For android, US only

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....myapplication

Created a handy little android app to generate your customized Dr Jack BLIPMAP NAM forecast at a glance.
Spread the word.

XA

Works great! but unfortunately just once! installed on a Galaxy Note 8... removed and re-installed but same issue... works once then it crashes...
Old January 9th 19, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Bick (ZN7)

On my Pixel 2, after initially getting only the list of parameters, but no maps, after closing and reopening, I get message that "Dr Jack Viewer keeps stopping." Can't do anything beyond that- list of parameters stops showing up.
Old January 9th 19, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great job! Works nicely on a Samsung SM-J320V. Gonna be helpful this summer.

Spoke too soon. The app now crashes every time on startup. Hope you can fix this, as I think it has great potential. Having been a programmer, I know those nasty bugs just keep coming. And you can't redefine some of them as "features." Good luck.
Old January 9th 19, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What about Ontario?