KCHD to KMYF

Old May 5th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default KCHD to KMYF

VOR-DME writes:

So, while there’s nothing wrong with V66, there is just everything wrong
with MX’s initial response, and his ensuing vituperative argument.

In other words, I was right, but your personal animosity towards me made it
impossible for you to accept that fact.

If you allow yourself to consider the messenger more important than the
message, you make yourself vulnerable to manipulation. Demogogues know all
about this.

No wonder of it - those who do not fly airplanes and whose only references
to aviation are a computer screen and some out of date textbooks will
clearly not develop the reflex and practices of pilots.

What reflexes do you need to develop a flight plan?
Old May 5th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

VOR-DME writes:

If I were you I'd fly BOTH Citations. It's safer - that way if anything unsafe
happens to one, you can just "be" in the other one!

The simulator doesn't allow that. Besides, flying a Citation X single-pilot is
quite a handful already.
Old May 5th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

VOR-DME writes:

Too bad (for the rest of us) you won't give reality a chance.

Reality in this case is very expensive and inconvenient.

That lowly C152, object of disdain, would put you flat on your pompous ass and
face-to-face with reality in approximately 0min,0sec. But alas even this would
not suffice to inspire humility and slow the affront of words to the wise
(from the foolhardy).

A Cessna 152 is really easy to fly. I don't think it would be a problem for
me. However, it's too slow for my tastes (usually).

Do you often need a "rest" when flying the computer game?

I keep flights short so that I don't need to rest and I don't risk boredom. I
would do the same in real life.

So much work?

Single-pilot IFR? Yup, it can be a lot of work. You have to stay ahead of the
aircraft or bad things happen--both in a simulator and in real life.

Stress? When the autopilot is on, what's left?

Do you fly a lot of single-pilot IFR? Any time in jets?