Would you fly on this airline?

Old September 5th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Default Would you fly on this airline?

On Sep 5, 8:28 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have
sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god,
following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the
carrier said Tuesday.

I wonder what the Boeing service manual says about this?

:-)

Eh, why not sacrifice a couple of goats? I know plenty of Christians
who pray before a flight. Who am I to criticize another man's
religion?

Old September 6th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

So if some mechanics have had a particularly tough time on an aircraft and
have a hankering for goat curry, a quick sacrifice on the tarmac wouldn't
surprise me one bit. Our driver when we lived there sacrificed a goat to
our Mercedes once a year.

It's always surprising to me that there are still people in the world
who believe that killing an animal will help...anything, outside of
hunger.

I wonder what they think is holding the airplane up, so high in the
sky?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 6th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Jay Honeck wrote in
oups.com:

I wonder what they think is holding the airplane up, so high in
the sky?

Goat horns? g

Old September 6th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:28:21 -0700, Jay Honeck
wrote in .com:

KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have
sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god,
following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the
carrier said Tuesday.

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,
Old September 6th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
So if some mechanics have had a particularly tough time on an aircraft
and
have a hankering for goat curry, a quick sacrifice on the tarmac wouldn't
surprise me one bit. Our driver when we lived there sacrificed a goat to
our Mercedes once a year.

It's always surprising to me that there are still people in the world
who believe that killing an animal will help...anything, outside of
hunger.

I wonder what they think is holding the airplane up, so high in the
sky?

Turtles standing on each others backs.

Old September 6th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Jay Honeck" wrote)
KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have
sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god,
following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the
carrier said Tuesday.

I wonder what the Boeing service manual says about this?

You're ......wait for it ......"kidding", right?

BTW, sacrificing two goats is the accepted procedure for fixing...

....wait for it.... gyros!

You're a real butt head!

Old September 6th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Jay Honeck" wrote)
KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have
sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god,
following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the
carrier said Tuesday.

I wonder what the Boeing service manual says about this?

You're ......wait for it ......"kidding", right?

BTW, sacrificing two goats is the accepted procedure for fixing...

....wait for it.... gyros!

Goat would make a pretty crappy gyro.

Old September 6th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

On Sep 5, 5:42 pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
So if some mechanics have had a particularly tough time on an aircraft and
have a hankering for goat curry, a quick sacrifice on the tarmac wouldn't
surprise me one bit. Our driver when we lived there sacrificed a goat to
our Mercedes once a year.

It's always surprising to me that there are still people in the world
who believe that killing an animal will help...anything, outside of
hunger.

I believe it is standard practice to eat the goats after they have
been sacrificed.

I wonder what they think is holding the airplane up, so high in the
sky?

I was reading the September issue of National Geographic where a
college professor in Pakistan (trained in nuclear technology at MIT)
attempted to explain to *graduate* students the forces behind the
Kashmir earthquake. Hands went up all over the room: "You are wrong,
professor. It was the will of Allah." This is modern science as it is
taught in most of the world. Earthquakes are not caused by moving
tectonic plates; they are allowed by Allah to punish the wicked.

Why wouldn't you expect people to sacrifice goats to ensure that the
maintenance was good? We still hit ships with bottles of champagne. In
America, there are thousands of astrologers for every astronomer. I
would like to think we are better or more enlightened than some of the
darker corners of the world, but if we are, it ain't by much.

Of course, this is all written by a guy who sincerely believes that
Jesus Christ appeared to the American Indians 2000 years ago... I am
well aware that people make fun of my religious beliefs, too. That is
fine with me; I am well aware of how ridiculous they seem. That said,
I am not inclined to make fun others' religious beliefs -- until those
beliefs start to interfere with my right to worship as I please and my
right to gain enlightenment through scientific investigation.

Old September 6th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Matt Barrow" wrote)
Goat would make a pretty crappy gyro.

You should be skewered for lambasting a perfectly good goat joke.

Paul-Mont

Old September 6th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Woellhaf

Default OT Would you fly on this airline?

"cjcampbell" wrote
Of course, this is all written by a guy who sincerely believes that
Jesus Christ appeared to the American Indians 2000 years ago...

Impossible! There were no American Indians 2000 years ago. g

Airline Lobby Group Says GA traffic Is The Main Cause Of Airline Delays Larry Dighera Piloting 0 July 7th 07 01:19 PM
Now this is an airline! Bob Chilcoat Piloting 3 June 25th 04 04:33 PM
Virtual Airline sues Real Airline Joseph Brown Simulators 4 April 25th 04 09:10 PM
new airline Jay Honeck Piloting 1 March 29th 04 06:35 AM
Airline 4.0 Greggo Simulators 1 July 30th 03 08:50 AM