2 Engines - 1 Prop...ME Rating?

Old January 17th 05, 04:01 PM
Pilot Guy

I am interested in this concept. Can anyone tell me where I can get one of
these double motors and only one prop?

"Jim Carriere" wrote in message
Andy Asberry wrote:
History does repeat itself! Discussion moved in exactly this direction
three years ago.

The answer: Perfectly acceptable as long as it is a pusher design,
front elevator and rear rudder.

Answer provided by Orv and Wilbur.

Two of everything (wing, rudder, elevator, prop), except for pilot
and engine

Plus you got right on topic, the Wrights were homebuilders after all.

Old January 17th 05, 11:15 PM
Andy Asberry

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:01:55 -0600, "Pilot Guy"
wrote:

I am interested in this concept. Can anyone tell me where I can get one of
these double motors and only one prop?

Here is a link to the discussion three years ago.
http://tinyurl.com/4cej8
or
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...41f60713a76325

Old January 19th 05, 10:51 PM

Pilot Guy wrote:
I am interested in this concept. Can anyone tell me where I can get

one of
these double motors and only one prop?

Don't know if they actually sell it, but Soloy was working on it a
few years back. Check out their site :
http://www.soloy.com/dualpac.html

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old January 20th 05, 12:05 AM
Frank

2SI offered a package for a while. And I believe a couple of guys are
running 2 engines and 1 prop on a EZ type aircraft.

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Old January 20th 05, 12:58 AM
kumaros

Frank wrote:
2SI offered a package for a while. And I believe a couple of guys are
running 2 engines and 1 prop on a EZ type aircraft.

The Leon brothers from Venezuela are
flying their Twin-Cozy with two
Suzuki-Geo motors turning two
counter-rotating propellers.
For details go to:

http://www.infortel.com/cozy/article_english.htm

I've been kicking around the idea of a
Cozy in a Defiant configuration, using
two modern common-rail turbodiesels of
about 100HP each, instead of the two
thirsty O-320.

Kumaros
It's all Greek to me
Old January 20th 05, 05:13 AM
Morgans

wrote

Don't know if they actually sell it, but Soloy was working on it a
few years back. Check out their site :
http://www.soloy.com/dualpac.html

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Which would lead you to believe that it would be considered a twin engine.
Reason I say this is, because one reason for the two pac was to get the
single engine restrictions lifted for that plane. (61 MPH stall)
--
Jim in NC

Old January 20th 05, 05:14 AM
Morgans

"kumaros" wrote

I've been kicking around the idea of a
Cozy in a Defiant configuration, using
two modern common-rail turbodiesels of
about 100HP each, instead of the two
thirsty O-320.

Kumaros
It's all Greek to me

That will be tricky, as it will throw the center of gravity WAY off.
--
Jim in NC

Immediate NSI Prop AD Robert Schieck Home Built 0 October 27th 04 08:56 PM
Book Review: Converting Auto Engines for Experimental Aircraft , Finch Paul Home Built 0 October 18th 04 10:14 PM
Ivo Prop on O-320 Dave S Home Built 14 October 15th 04 03:04 AM
IVO props... comments.. Dave S Home Built 16 December 6th 03 11:43 PM
Metal Prop vs. Wood Prop Larry Smith Home Built 21 September 26th 03 07:45 PM