Bose Headsets

Old June 13th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Bose Headsets

Spelling is deteriorating, too :~)

I guess I was so excited about the headset that I didn't double check my
work..... My bad!! :-)

Matt Barrow wrote:

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
.. .

I just broke down and ordered a Bose Aviation Headset X. I have been
wanting one for several years but 1 AMU is a lot of cash for a headset...
Then I remembered how deaf I am becomming adnd thought that

Spelling is deteriorating, too :~)

this would be the best protection for my non-renewable hearing.

I already have a set of David Clarks H20 10XL's and they work great so if
the Bose work better than I'll be tickled pink.

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give me
a PIREP. Thanks!!

I've had mine for four years and can sum it up this way: Expensive. Worth
it. The clearest audio you'll find and perhaps the only headset that doesn't
make it feel that your head is in a vice.

Old June 13th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I've had mine for four years and can sum it up this way: Expensive. Worth
it. The clearest audio you'll find and perhaps the only headset that doesn't
make it feel that your head is in a vice.

I couldn't agree more. The only derog is the new power control module.
I needed new ear cusions and decided to update my headset with the new
electronics. The new setup is smaller has auto-shutoff which was
missing on the original. It has split volume control knobs which do
not have any sort of drag to keep them from accidentally turning. I
find that as the power module gets bumped about the volume knobs start
moving around. It may seem like a small thing, but is quite anoying.
For the price they ask, they could have done a better job.

Regards,
Jerry

Old June 13th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jon,

Garmin 340 intercom about 4 years old. I don't think the intercom is
the issue because I have no problems hearing his other headset...

Nope, a 340 shouldn't cause those kinds of problems. Maybe something
wrong with the headset...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old June 13th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Best investment I've made in aviation! Light, comfortable and work
great.

An alternative might be: http://www.uflymike.com/ I've heard some
good things about them.... 1/2 the cost.

-dr

Jon Kraus wrote:
I just broke down and ordered a Bose Aviation Headset X. I have been
wanting one for several years but 1 AMU is a lot of cash for a
headset... Then I remembered how deaf I am becomming adnd thought that
this would be the best protection for my non-renewable hearing.

I already have a set of David Clarks H20 10XL's and they work great so
if the Bose work better than I'll be tickled pink.

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give
me a PIREP. Thanks!!

Jon Kraus

Old June 13th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
.. .

Spelling is deteriorating, too :~)

I guess I was so excited about the headset that I didn't double check my
work..... My bad!! :-)

Got the bug really bad, huh? :~)

Old June 13th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jon Kraus wrote:

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give
me a PIREP. Thanks!!

I have two pair now and get nervous every time I park my aircraft outside
the protection of a locked T-hangar.

But seriously, as a one-time owner of two Lightspeed headsets with about
450 hours between them and about 500 hours on my Bose, I can attest to the
quality, comfort, ANR performance, mic performance, and quality (did I type
that already?) of the Bose over the Lightspeed.

You will not be disappointed.

--
Peter
Old June 13th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

B A R R Y wrote:

My co-owner made the mistake of trying mine vs. his Litespeed, now we
have matching headsets.

My friend insisted I borrow his for my trip to OSH one year. I came back with my
own pair.

Old June 13th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I've had mine for a year now and have really loved them so far.
My wife and I just flew out to Austin and back and she was finding
her Telex set unconfortable (like ouch! after 5 hours of flying.
That's a lot more than she's used to and she now understands
why I spent the $$$ for the Bose.

I do some flight instruction as well as fly forestry patrol and
believe me, no matter how much you love your headset, it will
start hurting after 4 hours or so while the Bose is still comfortable.
Old June 13th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jon,

My main complaint with the Bose is the price. Everytime I see the ad I feel
like I need to put on a chastity belt to protect my bung hole.

I've compared them to my Lightspeed 30-3G's and they are the same in noise
reduction, but the Bose are far superior in comfort and size. My second
complaint is that, for the money, you would think they would have music and
cell phone input. If you want that you have to go with a third party plug
for 90 to 100 bucks (assuming you don't own the PS Engineering PMA 8000B
also on my wish list).

I've just been waiting for that one feature to be added and that will be the
excuse I need to pardon Bose for financial sodomy.

Kobra

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
.. .
I just broke down and ordered a Bose Aviation Headset X. I have been
wanting one for several years but 1 AMU is a lot of cash for a headset...
Then I remembered how deaf I am becomming adnd thought that this would be
the best protection for my non-renewable hearing.

I already have a set of David Clarks H20 10XL's and they work great so if
the Bose work better than I'll be tickled pink.

How many of you good folks fly with the Bose or have used them and give me
a PIREP. Thanks!!

Jon Kraus

Bose active headsets Matt Johnson Piloting 0 November 22nd 05 08:38 AM
Bose active headsets Rip Piloting 1 November 14th 05 12:20 AM
Bose active headsets Mark Manes Piloting 0 November 13th 05 01:52 AM
Bose active headsets kontiki Piloting 0 November 13th 05 01:12 AM
My Bose headsets are shocking me! Peter R. Owning 5 February 17th 04 01:16 PM