Three Concordes

Old October 24th 03, 05:45 PM
Montblack

Default Three Concordes

Did anyone see the Three Concordes landing at Heathrow this morning?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe...nal/index.html

From the story:

The last of the three gleaming white British Airways jets to land at
Heathrow took off from New York's John F. Kennedy airport on Friday while
the two others left Edinburgh and London.

Tens of thousands of enthusiasts had lined the roads around Heathrow to see
the aircraft arrive in close succession just after 4 p.m. (1500 GMT).

The trio of Concordes made a special choreographed landing at the airport,
signaling the end of commercial supersonic flights.

We don't have cable TV for CNN etc. Local TV had zip.

--
Montblack
"I like to watch"

Old October 25th 03, 12:58 AM

Yeah...I did... through the tears...

Styled by the laws of nature.............

Built by the most talented...

Flown by those who dared and cared....

....We had come so far...now to slip back....

(snif)

Dave

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:45:00 -0500, "Montblack"
wrote:

Did anyone see the Three Concordes landing at Heathrow this morning?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe...nal/index.html

From the story:

Old October 25th 03, 05:40 AM
lance

I'm soooooo annoyed that Virgin couldn't take it over.

As a Brit, I hate to see such innovation (and British/French cash) going
to waste now that this wonderful creation is going to collect dust.

Old October 25th 03, 09:05 AM
ShawnD2112

Virgin couldn't legitimately have taken over. The investment required in
support infrastructure (nothing from any other airplane fits Concorde),
training, and technical support, would have been phenomenal. I think
Branson's great and in this case he rose to his masterpiece. He knew he
could make all the offers and noises he wanted but would never have to
actually deliver, so it was a small risk for him to make all the claims he
wanted - and there's no way to know if he'd have been right or wrong. Put
that option out of your mind so you can sleep at night. It was never more
than a pipedream anyway.

Shawn

Old October 27th 03, 01:17 PM
Paul Sengupta

Yup, I was there.

Paul

"Montblack" wrote in message
Did anyone see the Three Concordes landing at Heathrow this morning?

What are Boeing's plans? Pooh Bear General Aviation 55 September 30th 04 07:59 PM
What are Boeing's plans? Pooh Bear Owning 13 September 27th 04 06:05 AM
What are Boeing's plans? David Lednicer Military Aviation 62 September 27th 04 12:23 AM
Three Concordes Montblack Owning 4 October 27th 03 01:17 PM
Concorde's Last Flight robert arndt Military Aviation 0 October 19th 03 06:46 PM