How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt?

Old February 10th 12, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
John Doe[_4_]

Default How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt?

I am not a pilot, but familiar with flight simulation. I know that
gliding limits your ability to control altitude. This is extremely
risky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFQc7...feature=colike

Mainly curious about how difficult that was.
Thanks.
Old February 10th 12, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
John Doe[_4_]

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VRJowk#t=81 s

The point of interest begins at about 1:20 in the original link.
Old February 10th 12, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
a425couple

"John Doe" wrote in message...
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VRJowk#t=81 s
The point of interest begins at about 1:20 in the original link.

"How difficult?"
Please note that not many even try to do it that extremly.

The song does seem correct.

"I blame it on my own sick pride
Sail!
Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby"

You may wish to note the more recent youtubes
of him in South Africa.
Wiki says, "On 16 January 2012 Jeb suffered multiple leg fractures
in an accident while BASE jumping off Table Mountain, Cape Town,
South Africa. He appeared to strike with his feet, probably pulling up
to make the edge, spinning 30 meters out before deploying his chute.
He was airlifted out by the Red Cross Air Mercy Service Augusta 119."

Old February 10th 12, 08:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
John Doe[_4_]

"a425couple" a425couple hotmail.com wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

Sorry, I should have been more specific.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VRJowk#t=81 s
The point of interest begins at about 1:20 in the original link.

"How difficult?"

That is the question. It's not like flying next to a mountain
where you have an easy out.

The song does seem correct.

Did you diss Jeb Corliss before you noticed he was in an
accident?

From: "a425couple" a425couple hotmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.avi ation.military
Subject: How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt?
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 20:43:35 -0800

Old February 10th 12, 09:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
VinceC

There is nothing new under the sun. This from the 1930's

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//B...ding&st=0&pn=1
Old February 10th 12, 10:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Keith W[_4_]

VinceC wrote:
There is nothing new under the sun. This from the 1930's

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//B...ding&st=0&pn=1

As the pioneer Air mail pilot E. Hamilton Lee said

Don't be a show-off.
Never be too proud to turn back.
There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots.

He knew a trick or two as at the time (1919) the life expectancy of an
Air Mail pilot was estimated to be three years. Lee flew the mails
from 1918 to 1927 before going on to fly with Boeing Air Transport
and United Airlines. He celebrated his 100th birthday at the
controls of a DC-3

Keith

Old February 10th 12, 10:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter F[_2_]

Define "Difficult".

Given the minimal amout of control over trajectory of a wingsuit there's
actually little "skill" involved in doing this. You more or less go where
gravity takes you.

Now if he could soar with it then that would be difficult!

PF

(Bored with skydiving in my 20s - BTDT)

Old February 10th 12, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
John Doe[_4_]

VinceC vincent cwgsy.net wrote:

There is nothing new under the sun. This from the 1930's

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//B.../BGX407212103/

?s=gliding&st=0&pn=1

Parachuting is supposed to be comparable to this?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
feature=player_detailpage&v=rFQc7VRJowk#t=81s

And the question remains, how difficult is that? Obviously it's
not as easy as just steering yourself close to a mountain, since
there is no easy out.
Old February 10th 12, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Doe[_4_]

Peter F ls4_pah yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Define "Difficult".

It's in every English-language dictionary in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VRJowk#t=81 s

Given the minimal amout of control over trajectory of a wingsuit
there's actually little "skill" involved in doing this.

If there is minimal control, unless it were a very short flight,
your conclusion is bass ackwards. An uncontrolled glider could
never do the same.

You more or less go where gravity takes you.

Now if he could soar with it then that would be difficult!

I would be willing to bet that you cannot do anything nearly as
difficult and that you have nothing to show that you can do
anything at all that remotely resembles that stunt. In other
words, put up or stop trolling.

Old February 10th 12, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Feb 10, 11:28*am, John Doe wrote:

I would be willing to bet that you cannot do anything nearly as
difficult and that you have nothing to show that you can do
anything at all that remotely resembles that stunt. In other
words, put up or stop trolling.

Take it to a skydiving forum. We don't care.

-T8

How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt? John Doe[_4_] Piloting 80 March 26th 12 05:09 PM
Stunt pilots killed in Polish air crash Stretch Aviation Photos 0 September 6th 07 04:40 PM
How to deal with a difficult DE? Mark Piloting 15 August 19th 04 12:21 AM
Difficult Strips C J Campbell Piloting 6 August 11th 04 08:04 PM
How to Stunt Circle a Barn. [email protected] Piloting 15 March 19th 04 04:14 AM