XCSOAR - MAPGEN Not Working

Old May 22nd 15, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
YourNameHere

Default XCSOAR - MAPGEN Not Working

Does anyone know if there is possibly a new link for "Mapgen" with XCSOAR?

It appears to be non-functional the last few days.

Thanks
9U

---

Old May 22nd 15, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Agree, it's not working!
Chuck Zabinski

Old May 22nd 15, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Oh, this happens every so often. You need to post in the xcsoar
forums or listserve and ask for the server to get restarted.
There isn't an alternative generator that I know of.
Old July 19th 15, 10:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Forum is also down .
That's a pity! I have no idea how to contact the developers. Tried the chat, but no response (yet).
Old July 19th 15, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 5:37:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Forum is also down .
That's a pity! I have no idea how to contact the developers. Tried the chat, but no response (yet).

I just posted to the Forum with no problem. I see in the announcement for 6.7.9 at the bottom:
"Note: download.xcsoar.org is currently down. As a hotfix, XCSoar downloads are temporarily served from a mirror. Maps, waypoints and airspaces are unavailable right now.

max"

Post is dated 2 July, so they are aware. I am able to do the inputs to generate a map (which I couldn't do last week), but after it works for a while, it gives "Generation Failed". A work in progress.

Old July 20th 15, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

This happens every few months. It will be back up in a matter of minutes or hours. Great support IMHO considering it's free!
Old July 31st 15, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:35:08 -0700, Sean Fidler wrote:

This happens every few months. It will be back up in a matter of
minutes or hours. Great support IMHO considering it's free!

The minutes have turned into months, and apparently even the pre-made
maps are unavailable. Anybody have Driggs ID and Parowan they could send
me?
Old July 31st 15, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I was at Driggs last year and made this map file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag91ji08wp...riggs.xcm?dl=0

It worked for me last year, use at your own risk.

Dan

--
Dan Marotta

Old July 31st 15, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 11:15:46 PM UTC-4, David Kinsell wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:35:08 -0700, Sean Fidler wrote:

This happens every few months. It will be back up in a matter of
minutes or hours. Great support IMHO considering it's free!

The minutes have turned into months, and apparently even the pre-made
maps are unavailable. Anybody have Driggs ID and Parowan they could send
me?

It would be interesting to find out how these things are made. They do
seem to be a zip file, but I'm not sure exactly what goes in there.
It would be nice to encode sectional charts, e.g.
Old July 31st 15, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had the same issue weeks ago and the issue is still not fixed!

Frustrating to,say the least but that is open source for you.

My work around was I out a shout out on our national website......S.A.C (Canada), a guy was able to send the small file I needed for maps. Waypoint are still available.

Hope this helps?

Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 1 December 23rd 12 12:38 AM
Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 4 December 23rd 12 12:19 AM
Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 1 December 22nd 12 02:40 PM
Working on the G-III Roger[_4_] Piloting 0 March 22nd 08 07:13 AM
How is IFF working? Tobias Endrullis Military Aviation 8 November 30th 03 04:06 PM