SZD-56-2 Diana

Old January 28th 05, 11:05 PM
Yurek

Default SZD-56-2 Diana

Sorry Michel, but I have to disagree completely with you. Polish
products (gliders as well, as other stuff) HAS NOT to be cheap,
because they are Polish ! They only have to be competitive...
That's why, there are some not expensive Polish gliders, like Junior
or Puchacz, which have an unbeatable price-to-quality ratio. And that
is why, German or English clubs are buying these gliders...
But with Diana it is an other story. IT IS a Ferrari of the air, and
the only reason for pilots to buy it, will be its performance ! That
is its competitiveness. You have some difficulty to belive this
performance, but you do require already Diana to be cheap ! You're
joking, I guess !
I am not sure that clubs will buy it, they will be rather the private
owners, which will have a strong interest.
A simple question, Michel : why do you want Diana to kill somebody ?
The first model didn't have any accident, and the new one seems to be
not only more performant, but also even softer, even more docile...
By the way, the first piece of Diana-2 is already sold, even before
the certification was closed, and the second one should be very soon.
Avis aux amateurs...
Old January 29th 05, 12:24 AM
Michel Talon

Yurek wrote:
Sorry Michel, but I have to disagree completely with you. Polish

Of course you are welcome to disagree :-)

products (gliders as well, as other stuff) HAS NOT to be cheap,
because they are Polish ! They only have to be competitive...
That's why, there are some not expensive Polish gliders, like Junior
or Puchacz, which have an unbeatable price-to-quality ratio. And that
is why, German or English clubs are buying these gliders...

And you cannot see a single one here.

But with Diana it is an other story. IT IS a Ferrari of the air, and

Yes but don't forget that people will *always* prefer German gliders,
even more expensive. To sell something other countries have to be much cheaper,
beleive it or not. Would you buy a Chinese camera at the price of a Leica,
even if people say it has a better lens? Never.

the only reason for pilots to buy it, will be its performance ! That
is its competitiveness. You have some difficulty to belive this
performance, but you do require already Diana to be cheap ! You're
joking, I guess !

Sorry, i am not joking. High prices have completely killed the sport. This
being said, if the Diana really has the polar that i have seen it is a
complete aerodynamical exploit, something that was considered almost
impossible, when you see that only couple of points of L/D have been gained in
decades.

I am not sure that clubs will buy it, they will be rather the private
owners, which will have a strong interest.

How many private owners will buy such a glider? Private owners are not all
Bill Gates. Most of them are not very rich, they want to be able to sell
their glider at least at the same price they did buy it, and they are more or
less assured to do that with a German glider. At least here in France, gliders
have a tendency to finish their life in clubs, so it is very important that
a glider is susceptible to be bought by clubs.

A simple question, Michel : why do you want Diana to kill somebody ?

I hope not, of course, i hope they have not committed the blunder of
sacrificing safe handling to performance like a well known German glider.

The first model didn't have any accident, and the new one seems to be
not only more performant, but also even softer, even more docile...
By the way, the first piece of Diana-2 is already sold, even before
the certification was closed, and the second one should be very soon.

Fantastic!

Avis aux amateurs...

A successful design doesn't sell ten or twenty units. The LS4 has been sold in
the thousands.

--

Michel TALON

Old January 29th 05, 12:35 AM
John Galloway

At 00:00 29 January 2005, Michel Talon wrote:

I hope not, of course, i hope they have not committed
the blunder of sacrificing safe handling to performance
like a well known German glider.

Which glider??

John Galloway

Old January 29th 05, 01:31 AM
Stewart Kissel

Would you buy a Chinese camera at the price of a Leica,
even if people say it has a better lens? Never.

Did they not say that about Japanese cars at one time?

Old January 29th 05, 10:53 AM
Michel Talon

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Would you buy a Chinese camera at the price of a Leica,
even if people say it has a better lens? Never.

Did they not say that about Japanese cars at one time?

Yes, and do you beleive Honda sells more cars here than BMW?

--

Michel TALON

Old January 29th 05, 11:25 AM
André Somers

Michel Talon wrote:

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Would you buy a Chinese camera at the price of a Leica,
even if people say it has a better lens? Never.

Did they not say that about Japanese cars at one time?

Yes, and do you beleive Honda sells more cars here than BMW?

They sure do here!

André
who doesn't need to be convinced that SZD build excellent gliders
Old January 29th 05, 11:35 AM
Stefan

Michel Talon wrote:

do you beleive Honda sells more cars here than BMW?

I do. And I see more Canon cameras than Leicas as well.

Stefan
Old January 29th 05, 12:39 PM
Michel Talon

Stefan wrote:
Michel Talon wrote:

do you beleive Honda sells more cars here than BMW?

I do. And I see more Canon cameras than Leicas as well.

At the same price? And note that Canon and Nikon benefit from an excellent
reputation, since decades, are considered professional quality. Could you
compare that to the problem we are discussing?

Stefan

--

Michel TALON

Old January 29th 05, 02:48 PM
Stefan

Michel Talon wrote:

At the same price? And note that Canon and Nikon benefit from an

excellent
reputation, since decades, are considered professional quality. Could you
compare that to the problem we are discussing?

Which problem? And, btw, SZD has an excellent reputation, too.

Stefan
Old February 1st 05, 10:55 AM
iPilot

Do you want to say that polish gliders are low in quality and therefore have
to be cheap?

If this is the case, you're very much wrong. The same way, as Poland makes
gliders (hand made, decent quality control), a factory in my country makes
decent pianos. No-one is putting their quality under question. I actively
fly polish gliders (not Diana unfortunately) and I don't question their
quality of manufacturing. Do you?

SZD-56-2 Diana Yurek Soaring 23 September 4th 08 07:31 PM
Odp: SZD 56-2 DIANA Yurek Soaring 4 January 31st 05 09:46 PM
Diana 2 designers are sure to reach 52:1 Janusz Kesik Soaring 12 January 21st 05 07:06 AM
Diana 2 has flown its maiden flight! Janusz Kesik Soaring 27 January 16th 05 04:45 AM