Water Bags

Old June 26th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Water Bags

Just an update on the results of my search for water bags. The
Smiley Bags deal fell through, but I found an excellent source in
Australia. They have bags for many type of gliders, including the
dual compartments LS4 bags. It cost me only $350 including shipping
for a pair. They are not as thick as the original ones but much
stronger. They are made from a PU coated nylon fabric which is much
stronger than the PVC originals. I Installed mine and so far so
good, no leaks.
Contact
http://www.clipper.com.au/

Ramy

Old November 12th 14, 07:22 PM
JimF JimF is offline
Junior Member

Hi Ramy,
Sorry for reviving this 7 year old post but Private Message did not work.

Just saw your post about getting new water bags from Clipper. Wonder if I could ask you a question about that- They emailed me some information which said that on my LS 4a they only manufacture the inner bags. Was that a problem for you? Or is it always the inner bags that go bad? Did you have to send in your original bags to Australia so that they could copy them?

Also, I'm getting two versions of what inner and outer defines. Some experts are saying the bag has an outer layer with an inner compartment, others are saying two separate bags one in the inner part of wing, the other in the outer part of the wing (total of 4 bags/glider). Who is right?

Thank you very much, Jim in PA

Water bags ASM Soaring 0 May 26th 07 08:00 PM
ASW-24 water bags Sam Fly Soaring 0 May 27th 05 11:08 PM
Water, water, everywhere, but none for thirsty wings.... Chris OCallaghan Soaring 0 November 21st 04 03:14 PM
Hospital Tea Bags Bob McKellar Military Aviation 1 May 31st 04 02:18 AM
Pub Bags and Kneeboards Pilot3400 Military Aviation 0 January 16th 04 05:56 PM