Meet the SSA Contest Rules Committee

Old October 23rd 14, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Meet the SSA Contest Rules Committee

The SSA Contest Rules Committee will be holding its annual meeting next month near San Francisco, California.

We would like to invite all interested pilots to join us for an evening gathering on Saturday November 15th for socializing and free-form discussion of all forms of competitive soaring in the US. In addition to the entire Rules Committee, select members of the US Team Committee, Site Selection Committee and SSA Board will be attending as well.

Whether you are an active, aspiring or lapsed racing pilot - or even if you prefer to fly cross-country and OLC - we'd love to have you join us. We are especially keen to hear your ideas on how to grow participation and enjoyment of all forms of competitive soaring. Significant others are welcome.

If you plan to attend, please confirm by email to this post for time and place details.

On behalf of the Rules Committee
Andy Blackburn
9B
Old October 24th 14, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

You should have a dial in and/or webcam for a 1-2 hour period for those who can't make San Fran. ;-) I would love to listen in.
Old October 24th 14, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:17:24 PM UTC-4, Andy Blackburn wrote:
[...]

That's terrific Andy. At major personal expense of time and money the US rules committee is going way above and beyond the call of duty, or what could be expected to make our competition rule making an open and fair process.

Many thanks to you and the other five guys!

And, while I'm at it, a tip of the hat to Ken and Michele Sorenson for hosting 20 years of meetings at their Houston "hotel" and for the first rate guidance of the competition arena in the US. Simply first class!!

KS
Old October 25th 14, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:00:19 PM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
You should have a dial in and/or webcam for a 1-2 hour period for those who can't make San Fran. ;-) I would love to listen in.

What's the point? I've been promised there won't be a dunking booth...
Old October 26th 14, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'll spring for one ;-)
Old October 27th 14, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

what city Andy?

Matt
Old October 27th 14, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Thanks Karl.

The Rules Committee rarely meets in close proximity to a large concentration of pilots and has not in recent memory met on the west coast. We all felt this meeting represented a unique opportunity to get together with western pilots to hear about what matters most to them.

Festivities will begin at 5:45 PM on November 15, 2014 at my home in Atherton, CA. My address is in the member section of the SSA directory.

Please drop me an email by private reply to this post if you plan on dropping by so I can get a sense of how many people will be coming.

Andy Blackburn
9B
Old November 15th 14, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Monday, October 27, 2014 9:38:54 AM UTC-7, Andy Blackburn wrote:

Festivities will begin at 5:45 PM on November 15, 2014 at my home in Atherton, CA. My address is in the member section of the SSA directory.

A reminder that this gathering is this evening. Please feel free to join us 5:45-8PM. Food and drink are being provided.

9B
(On behalf of the SSA Contest Rules Committee and US Team Committee)