Wings and Wheels

Old November 11th 14, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

Default Wings and Wheels

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:34:47 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
What Craig and Sean said.

The "Recently Sold" section is quite valuable to someone who is just starting their journey with SAS (Sailplane Acquisition Syndrome).

Lou

"Roger that...." I also vote for the return of the "Recently Sold" section. Over the years I found it very helpful. Not to make more work for you, but I also found the sections where ads were "not renewed" or where an aircraft was "not sold" also very useful!
Thanks - Renny
Old November 11th 14, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:51:09 PM UTC-6, Renny wrote:
On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:34:47 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
What Craig and Sean said.

The "Recently Sold" section is quite valuable to someone who is just starting their journey with SAS (Sailplane Acquisition Syndrome).

It also is a good measure of how quickly things move. My vote is to have it put back when you can.

I don't like it as much as the old, but it is a change, and it takes some getting use to. Keep working on it. I remember Chip Garner talking about the 302 and saying "You know, if we can make a vario as good as the L-Nav, that would be pretty good." Fast loading, with as much plane detail as possible is at the top of my list. Don't mind having to "do the math" to see who and how to contact.

Thanks,
Steve
Old November 11th 14, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:14:29 PM UTC-5, Greg Delp wrote:
Just went to do my daily window shopping trip through the W & W classifieds. I love the new site. It seems like a great improvement so far. Now back to my search.

I'm with Renny. Please add back both Recently Sold and Not Renewed
Old November 11th 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Bair

It also is a good measure of how quickly things move. My vote is to have it put back when you can.

I agree with Steve, the "Recently Sold" section was a very good measure of market demand and gave both buyers and sellers a barometer of current market conditions. In fact, I think it may also motivate some potential buyers to stop kicking tires and act; especially when they see a glider they've been eyeing, sell within a few short days.

Brian
Old November 11th 14, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I can't see the detail. I know it's something to do with AdBlock and
I've disabled it for this site but the best I could get is a quick flash
of the seller information than it disappeared. I don't want use
Internet Explorer just to look at this site.

BTW, I saw a link on the new site that said something like, "Want to see
the old website?" but I can't find it now.

Dan Marotta

Old November 12th 14, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:14:29 PM UTC-5, Greg Delp wrote:
W & W classifieds.

The Segelflug site is easier to scan quickly, even though in German. The old W&W site had a nice mix of photos and text. The Barnstormers site has wide columns of text with thumbnails of up to five photos. Glider Pilot Network has text with a single thumbnail.

I prefer not to have to click on a photo to get the text info, it is too slow to look through for more than a couple of entries. I personally would prefer to have smaller photos with full text along side or underneath. If a larger format photo is desired, click on the photo to enlarge, as is done with the Barnstormers or Glider Pilot Network websites.

Thanks for carrying on providing the info that Tim provided for all these years.

Neal
Old November 12th 14, 09:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:57:01 -0800, nealpfeiffer wrote:

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:14:29 PM UTC-5, Greg Delp wrote:
W & W classifieds.

The Segelflug site is easier to scan quickly, even though in German.
The old W&W site had a nice mix of photos and text. The Barnstormers
site has wide columns of text with thumbnails of up to five photos.
Glider Pilot Network has text with a single thumbnail.

Suggestion for W&W - If you want to keep seller details safe from screen
scrapers, etc. you could always require a login to access them. That is
what gliderpilot.net does. Works for me.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old November 12th 14, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Sean,
I like the new site. Clean and fresh. Change is always problematic. As a person that has used the listing to make a purchase I would also like the recently sold and dropped page back. It was a valuable tool. No login... please.

Bob
Old November 12th 14, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_2_]

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:48:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:14:29 PM UTC-5, Greg Delp wrote:
Just went to do my daily window shopping trip through the W & W classifieds. I love the new site. It seems like a great improvement so far. Now back to my search.

I'm with Renny. Please add back both Recently Sold and Not Renewed

Ditto

Dennis
Old November 12th 14, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daryl Hickman

Sean-

Thanks for the great service that you are providing. I've adapted to the new format, but I do miss the sold pages.