GPS reception today

Old July 22nd 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default GPS reception today

I got all my cables today to hook the GPS and the PDA up.
But...........this evening, here in WA state I have not been able to
get a good lock on any satellites.

Anyone else have any problems with their GPS today?

Just curious.

Brad
Old July 22nd 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Brad,

I'm in Idaho about 450 mile from you. I just checked my GPS and am getting
a solid lock on six satellites.

Wayne
HP-14 "Six Foxtrot"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old July 22nd 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 21, 9:22*pm, Brad wrote:
I got all my cables today to hook the GPS and the PDA up.
But...........this evening, here in WA state I have not been able to
get a good lock on any satellites.

Anyone else have any problems with their GPS today?

Just curious.

Brad

Are you indoors? Take it outside and check. The structure of a
building really limits GPS reception.
Old July 22nd 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Well, both GPS's of mine a few hours ago could not get a lock, now
they work fine.
Must have been those black helicopters flying over the house.....yeah,
that's it!

Thanks!

Brad
Old July 22nd 08, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_3_]

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:22:21 -0700, Brad wrote:

Anyone else have any problems with their GPS today?

I had a couple of messages about altitude glitches (Garmin GPS II+ in
the UK), but as they just flashed on and off again and the other
information remained stable I ignored it. The log file was accepted
by the BGA league table system without complaint and was viewable with
EWView.

HTH

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. |

Old July 22nd 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

There was a GPS reception yesterday and I wasn't invited? Shucks, and
I had my tuxedo pressed and ready. Isn't it Ian Strachan's job to give
us advance notice of these things?

But seriously, I had eight or ten birds today and yesterday, no
blackout here.

Bob K.
Old July 22nd 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_4_]

On Jul 22, 10:42*am, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
There was a GPS reception yesterday and I wasn't invited? Shucks, and
I had my tuxedo pressed and ready. Isn't it Ian Strachan's job to give
us advance notice of these things?

But seriously, I had eight or ten birds today and yesterday, no
blackout here.

Bob K.

You can see where interuptions in GPS are planned at
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/gpsno...terference.pdf

which is a subset of
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/gpsnotices/default.htm

Dan
Old July 22nd 08, 10:43 PM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia

I had a blackhawk rattle over my car at about 1500ft a few months ago, mobile dropped out, Tom Tom dropped out for a considerable time each side of him.

Mebbe they were testing a new UAV in your area.

Bagger (big fan of X-files)

GNS 430 reception problems Kevin Clarke Owning 13 September 9th 06 08:10 PM
Garmin 430 Reception Jon Kraus Owning 16 November 7th 04 03:17 AM
Garmin 430 VOR reception Maik Owning 7 September 30th 04 03:49 PM
Garmin 430 VOR reception Maik Instrument Flight Rules 3 September 30th 04 03:48 PM
GDL 49/EchoFlight Reception O. Sami Saydjari Instrument Flight Rules 4 January 30th 04 07:22 PM