Holiday plans?

Old November 17th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Default Holiday plans?

Any plans on flying somewhere for the holidays?
Jim

Old November 17th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Any plans on flying somewhere for the holidays?

Nope -- we're gonna leave Montblack in peace this Thanksgiving...

;-)

You?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 17th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

ROFL
Me/Us? I don't know yet. Tami has some kind of family reunion/early
Christmas thing December 2 & 3, so we've got tentative plans on flying to
GRR. Nothing for Thanksgiving though.
Jim

oups.com...

Old November 17th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Jim Burns" wrote:

Any plans on flying somewhere for the holidays?

Flying to Houston to see the folks.

Haven't made up my mind if I'll land at Sugar Land or Hobby. Hobby is
closer to Mom's and has more ILS approaches, but Sugar Land has fewer ground
hassles and spam cans don't get vectors all over the county to get there.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old November 18th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Ahh... another guy that got married near or on a holiday so he wouldn't
forget! hehe
Jim
(married on St. Patricks Day)
(in a snow storm)
(and a power outage)
See? I remember!

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:49:34 -0600, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

Any plans on flying somewhere for the holidays?

I'm taking the wife to Provincetown, MA for a winter beach walk and
seafood. I was married the day after Thanksgiving.

Old November 18th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_3_]

Flying to Santa Fe for four days- should be a good trip. Meeting some
friends there as well. Have the O2 tank already filled and ready to go.

Old November 18th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison[_1_]

I'm telling ya Jim...You and Jay should have made the dash to Palm
Springs last weekend. Missed opportunity (to burn a ton of avgas)! :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old November 18th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison[_1_]

Nope, everyone is planning to be in our neck of the woods. Planning to
take Dad flying though.

Old November 18th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Sounds like a fun and warm escape from WI. Just leave the north door open,
I promise we'll restock the beer and leave the Extra in one piece!
Jim

Old November 18th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Burns wrote:
Any plans on flying somewhere for the holidays?
Jim

I'll be flying a Cutlass (172 RG) from Denver to West Palm Beach, FL in
December with my brother. Should take roughly 11 hrs each way, and I'm
planning on at least 2 days for each leg. It's going to be a great
experience, and should get me close to my comm time requirements.