Another video using the cheap '808 Keychain camera'

Old November 18th 10, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Default Another video using the cheap '808 Keychain camera'

One camera taped to the wing, just inboard of the spoiler, one on the
horizontal stab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDi1JvxwmM
Old November 18th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:12:40 -0800 (PST), Grider Pirate
wrote:

One camera taped to the wing, just inboard of the spoiler, one on the
horizontal stab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDi1JvxwmM

Beautiful video!
What's the airfield you are flying from? To my standard European eye
there's a definitive lack of trees!

Cheers
Andreas

Old November 18th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

wrote:
One camera taped to the wing, just inboard of the spoiler, one on the
horizontal stab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDi1JvxwmM

Beautiful video!
What's the airfield you are flying from? To my standard European eye
there's a definitive lack of trees!

Cheers
Andreas

Yep, and the surface temperature is typically 45C in the shade - and
the shade is about 50 Km from where you are. Nice thermals though.

Old November 18th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

wrote:
One camera taped to the wing, just inboard of the spoiler, one on the
horizontal stab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDi1JvxwmM

Beautiful video!
What's the airfield you are flying from? To my standard European eye
there's a definitive lack of trees!

Cheers
Andreas

What are trees? Are those like the 'crops' I've heard people talk
about?
Old November 18th 10, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:37:02 -0800 (PST), Grider Pirate
wrote:

What are trees? Are those like the 'crops' I've heard people talk
about?

In my opinion a "tree" is something green that is big enough to ruin
your day if you happen to stand below one when it's toppling over.
Does that ring a bell?

Old November 18th 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

wrote:
What are trees? *Are those like the 'crops' I've heard people talk
about?

In my opinion a "tree" is something green that is big enough to ruin
your day if you happen to stand below one when it's toppling over.
Does that ring a bell?

In Jean, NV trees are those metal poles that receives your text
messages and relays them on to your friends,
sometimes they have metal leaves and branches as well, and are not
much good for producing shade. ;-)

Listing the shade temperature is rather useless in the dessert since
there is none until the sun goes down.

PS: The quality of video is pretty decent from these little cameras,
and the price is right, may have to try a couple myself.

Ray
Old November 18th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:45:41 -0800 (PST), jb92563
wrote:

In Jean, NV trees are those metal poles that receives your text
messages and relays them on to your friends,
sometimes they have metal leaves and branches as well, and are not
much good for producing shade. ;-)

Reminds me of the definition of a river in an autobiography I once
read (Yeager?): A creek is a something brown and dry ... and with
rattlesnakes.

PS: The quality of video is pretty decent from these little cameras,
and the price is right, may have to try a couple myself.

The guys from my club ordered about 40 of these cameras...
unfortunately the gliding season has ended here, so we have to wait
till next spring to test new, never-seen-before camera positions...

Old November 18th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

A rot of nice crowds that day, Grider Pirate.
My son also enjoyed his first glider ride in 26F.
Jim
Old November 19th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Nov 18, 3:53*pm, JS wrote:
A rot of nice crowds that day, Grider Pirate.
* My son also enjoyed his first glider ride in 26F.
Jim

Arrrrr! We randed just in time! Crowds ret roose seconds rater!
Old November 19th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

hmmmmm... How do the wings stay level after exiting the glider?
Stealthy ground crew outside video frame on the right wingtip?