Favorite Aviation Reminiscense

Old February 12th 04, 10:58 PM
EDR

Default Favorite Aviation Reminiscense

1980's...
Watching the string of landing lights of arriving aircraft east of
Oshkosh stretching out over Lake Michigan.

(Amusingly, followed by watching the arrivals try to find a parking
spot in the dark with out flag-people.)
Old February 12th 04, 11:22 PM
H. Adam Stevens

1969
Watching the Aurora Borealis from 9000 feet over College Station, TX.

Old February 13th 04, 01:34 AM
Bob Noel

In article , EDR
wrote:

first solo

--
Bob Noel
Old February 13th 04, 02:22 AM
John Theune

EDR wrote in :

1980's...
Watching the string of landing lights of arriving aircraft east of
Oshkosh stretching out over Lake Michigan.

(Amusingly, followed by watching the arrivals try to find a parking
spot in the dark with out flag-people.)

My first flight, about 9 months after my crash. Realizing that I could
still fly. Being alive.
Old February 13th 04, 04:01 AM
Gene Seibel

Heading over Chesapeake Bay at sunset.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old February 13th 04, 05:02 AM
Aviv Hod

Flying home with my new wife one week after our wedding, on the last 1 hour
leg of a 10 hour weekend round robin flight from Iowa City - Clarinda,
Iowa - New Hudson, Michigan - back to Clarinda- back home to Iowa City.
It had been a long, interesting, and tiring trip that had us go west to pick
up the in-laws, go east to Michigan to be with my family for the weekend,
then drop them back home before heading home ourselves.

I handled all sorts of challenges during that flight, including weather,
turbulance, and short fields with a heavy airplane. I learned a lot, and
kept my passengers happy. By the time we left Clarinda for the push home,
the hubub of the weekend was behind us, the weather cleared up, the headwind
turned into a tailwind, the plane was several hundred pounds lighter, and
getting home became a flight to remember.

It felt great on that last leg to relax, with my beautiful wife to my right,
in beautiful weather, with a strong tailwind, taking the breathtaking Iowa
landscape in and enjoying every minute of it. Life was perfect.

Shortly afterwards, my wife expressed an interest in learning to fly :-)

-Aviv

Old February 13th 04, 01:56 PM
carlos

My first grass-strip landing, one day after getting my PPL, at Katama Air
Park (Martha's Vineyard). The take-off was fun too, although a bit bumpy...
and the landing back at Norwood (OWD), at sunset, was probably the best
landing I've ever done.

Also, flying last July over the Lakes Region in NH with my girlfriend in a
rented 172 out of Concord.

CGP.

Old February 13th 04, 02:19 PM
Teacherjh

Four in the morning on a crystal clear night flying from the Bay area to El
Monte, coming over the San Gabriel mountans at 10,500 and gently descending
into the middle of the incredible carpet of lights that makes up the LA Basin.

Jose

Old February 13th 04, 02:20 PM
Jim Fisher

Flying with my kids anywhere. Take your pick of trips. Giving them the
gift of doing something almost nobody else in this world can do and knowing
they will have those memories the rest of their lives is very satisfying.

Giving your kids fond memories is about as close to immortality as one can
ever get.

--
Jim Fisher

Old February 13th 04, 08:35 PM