[Fwd: What happened to Jay?]

Old November 14th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default [Fwd: What happened to Jay?]

Old November 14th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

--
Jim in NC

This is not the Jay I know.

I do not remember the one you describe.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

FWIW, I don't remember him that way either.
Old November 14th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

Default What happened to Jay?]

[...]

Perhaps this will refresh your memory....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...7b458e981a8573

Old November 14th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I can't explain why you don't, Dudley. The fact is, Jay was abrasive,
he was argumentative, he did frequently contribute to OT subjects, and
before he left, he ****ed and moaned incessantly about what the NG "had
become". Perhaps you didn't notice because you have spent all this time
generally authoring meaningful posts and not engaging in much of the back
and forth about what a NG should nor should not be, and in that regard you
have been one of the more level headed posters here.

I equate people who **** and moan about a usenet NG to those who **** and
moan about the moderation on a moderated forum. The value of usenet is
anyone can contribute anything they want without any censorship. Jay left
because he couldn't deal with that reality. One thing you can say about Jay
was he finally did actually leave, even if it was after weeks of ****ing and
moaning. Some other posters here simply want to continue to **** and moan
ad nauseum.

I can almost guarantee that Jay will eventually be back. He always
shamelessly promoting his business, and as that business falls off, he'll
come back. If you notice, even though he promise to remove his beloved
"Rogue's Gallery", it's still there on his website just where it always was.

Old November 14th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Ross" wrote

This is not the Jay I know.

I do not remember the one you describe.

Nope. Private ****ing matches between the poster you responded to and
other immature posters has far more to do with destroying harmony within the
group than one social introvert that insists simming is superior could ever
do.

Jay's only major fault is that he loved talking about aviation, and
sometimes other issues of life dear to him, too much.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 14th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ross" wrote

This is not the Jay I know.

I do not remember the one you describe.

Nope. Private ****ing matches between the poster you responded to and
other immature posters has far more to do with destroying harmony within
the group than one social introvert that insists simming is superior could
ever do.

If that were indeed true, you are truly more pathetic than you realize and
you have much bigger problems you should be concerned with.

Jay's only major fault is that he loved talking about aviation, and
sometimes other issues of life dear to him, too much.

That was far from Jay's only major fault.

Old November 15th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Nov 14, 4:40*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Ross" wrote

This is not the Jay I know.

I do not remember the one you describe.

*Nope. *Private ****ing matches between the poster you responded to and
other immature posters has far more to do with destroying harmony within the
group than one social introvert that insists simming is superior could ever
do.

Jay's only major fault is that he loved talking about aviation, and
sometimes other issues of life dear to him, too much.
--
Jim in NC

I agree. Jay is guilty of nothing more than loving aviation and taking
huge pride in both his business and his family.
He posted aggressively on these subjects and attracted a cadre of
dissenters. It happens on Usenet as both you and I are well aware.
Jay took much pleasure in inviting people from this forum who he
thought were friends rather than adversaries to his hotel for a party
each year before Oshkosh. It was an annual event and he and Mary
expended much effort in making it fun for everyone who attended.
I have never seen Jay's posting about his hotel, or his discussing his
web site as his spamming of the forum.
I see his decision to leave here as unfortunate both for him AND for
the forum; for Jay, as he left a group he genuinely liked, and for the
forum, because what happened here should never have happened. Once it
started, it became a self fulfilling on going action and reaction that
was destined to end badly, which is exactly how it ended.
Dudley Henriques
Old November 15th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Ross" wrote in message

No, Jay left simply because of Buttlipps relentless hounding.

Old November 15th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message

Bull**** Mikey Mouth, you just disagreed with him like everyone else you
target.

You're the classic 2 year old. If you don't get your way, you try to make
everyone miserable.

Old November 15th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Morgans" wrote in message
|
| "Ross" wrote
|
| This is not the Jay I know.
|
| I do not remember the one you describe.
|
| Nope. Private ****ing matches between the poster you responded to and
| other immature posters has far more to do with destroying harmony within
| the group than one social introvert that insists simming is superior
could
| ever do.
|
| If that were indeed true, you are truly more pathetic than you realize and
| you have much bigger problems you should be concerned with.
|
| Jay's only major fault is that he loved talking about aviation, and
| sometimes other issues of life dear to him, too much.
|
| That was far from Jay's only major fault.

Yeah, like a moron like you is qualified to judge anyone!

RV-8 What happened? Lady Pilot Home Built 11 October 16th 06 07:01 AM
What happened? Flyingmonk Piloting 6 May 9th 06 12:19 PM
Whatever happened to... Ian Johnston Soaring 29 November 25th 05 05:14 PM
Whatever happened to ? Anne Military Aviation 48 May 26th 04 06:47 PM
What Happened? => Vox Populi © Military Aviation 7 April 8th 04 12:58 AM