Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

Old August 30th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bob F. writes:

How many hours had they flown elsewhere before they visited those large
airports?

Doesn't matter. Its "experimental". I could have a million hours on an
airframe and it still be "experimental".

Old August 31st 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Aug 29, 12:55*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

My impression is that many aircraft are called experimental in order to get
around certain troublesome regulations.

Your impression is wrong. You were wrong with your first response. Why
don't you respond to that and say something like; "sorry, I was
wrong?"

How many hours had they flown elsewhere before they visited those large
airports?

You were wrong and typed a lie. Now you are hiding behind these new
questions.

Ricky

Old August 29th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It
makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their
new
designs at LAX.

Experimental aircraft do not have "unknown characteristics" any more than
any other aircraft such as certified and military aircraft which are
routinely flight tested in heavily populated areas.

Old August 29th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BobR

On Aug 28, 6:27*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. *It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.

You are right about the initial tests which is why I will be using an
airport with nice large fields at both ends and no population centers
within a couple of miles. That was a choice that I could make but is
not available to every homebuilder. Most of our airports have been
surrounded by housing developments which greatly restrict operations
including those for non-experimental aircraft.
Old August 30th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ernest Christley

BobR wrote:
On Aug 28, 6:27 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.

You are right about the initial tests which is why I will be using an
airport with nice large fields at both ends and no population centers
within a couple of miles. That was a choice that I could make but is
not available to every homebuilder. Most of our airports have been
surrounded by housing developments which greatly restrict operations
including those for non-experimental aircraft.

I'm using a field that is out in the middle of a bunch of soybean and
cotton fields, at least for the initial flights. It is well worth the
extra drive.

Stuff is likely to hit the fan, and I want to have more options than a
subdivision.
Old August 30th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.

I dont know where you get your definitions, but you just proved how much
you DONT know...
Old August 31st 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Aug 28, 6:27*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. *

Anthony, you are wrong once again.

Tell us all, did you get this information from a reliable source? You
claimed to get your "one must fly by instruments" info from a reliable
source. I asked you several times to give the source information which
you never did do.

Anthony, you are a liar. How about that long-awaited source
information which you so conveniently ignored? Will you ignore even
this request and continue your string of false information?

Ricky

Old September 9th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Fred the Red Shirt

On Aug 28, 7:27*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. *It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.

In the context of this discussion 'experimental' is a misnomer. Many,
if not most homebuilt airplanes are classed by the FAA as
'experimental',
even popular kitplanes of proven design.

--

FF
Old September 9th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 7:27 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It
makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated
areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out
their new
designs at LAX.

In the context of this discussion 'experimental' is a misnomer. Many,
if not most homebuilt airplanes are classed by the FAA as
'experimental',
even popular kitplanes of proven design.

Even a certified factory aircraft may be reclassified as "experimental".