Cracked ribs/Piper SB 1161 update

Old April 1st 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cracked ribs/Piper SB 1161 update

On 04/01/06 12:49, Jack Allison wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

I guess this wouldn't be good time to tell you how much I had
to pay for the last annual on my club planes? ;-)

Yeah ... It's probably better if I don't mention it.

Well...we could talk about aircraft availability...but I suppose the
argument would digress into whether or not that is worth the additional
AMU value amortized over how many hours one flies, etc. :-)

Yeah, it's just like a club member to throw something like cost into
an owner's face ;-)

Still, I'd rather be in your position than mine ;-\ The club
imposes a lot of restrictions to help keep all the green pilots
safe.

Sucks that you have to pay so much, but at least it's going
into your own plane (unlike my rental dollars).

Are those numbers you quoted accurate? That's just south of 5k, right?
Ouch.
Old April 1st 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Mark Hansen wrote:

Are those numbers you quoted accurate? That's just south of 5k, right?
Ouch.

As accurate as can be with the given labor estimate. Parts is a known
1.2 AMUs. They tend to estimate high on the labor so that there's not
an overrun. So...on the low side of the estimate (parts plus labor),
we're looking at 4.7 AMUs. High side of the estimate is 6.1 AMUs. Yes,
ouch. :-/ Dividing by three helps but is still going to take a chunk
out of the flying funds.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old April 2nd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Ahem. If Jim can ship potatoes to CA, I'll bet you can ship some
home-grown Kalifornia beer in advance of your journey? (Packed in ice,
please...)

Jack and I are working out an OSH JIT inventory/delivery system. All beer
WILL be routed through me. It may, or may not, get rerouted down to IOW.

NAC (Necessary Aviation Content)
Think Denver Airport's baggage system :-)

Mont...brown
The Airplane of Minivans

Old April 2nd 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Montblack wrote:

Jack and I are working out an OSH JIT inventory/delivery system. All
beer WILL be routed through me. It may, or may not, get rerouted down to
IOW.

NAC (Necessary Aviation Content)
Think Denver Airport's baggage system :-)

Mont...brown
The Airplane of Minivans

ROTLF. Paul, you crack me up. Oops, shouldn't say that "c" word too
much or I start twitching.

Sorry Jay, I forgot about MontBrown and the new Twin Cities Hub. I
should have figured there was something in the fine print about any and
all out of state beer shipments. Though, I suppose if I shipped a lot,
maybe some would get through (?) Nah...didn't think so.

Old April 2nd 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Sorry Jay, I forgot about MontBrown and the new Twin Cities Hub. I
should have figured there was something in the fine print about any and
all out of state beer shipments. Though, I suppose if I shipped a lot,
maybe some would get through (?) Nah...didn't think so.

Hmmm... There must be SOME beer Montbrown doesn't like that you can
safely ship in advance...

Hmmmm...upon further reflection...nah...didn't think so...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 3rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:

Hmmm... There must be SOME beer Montbrown doesn't like that you can
safely ship in advance...

Well, probably anything with "lite" in the title...but that brings up a
whole new set of issues.

Hmmmm...upon further reflection...nah...didn't think so...

Yep, unless I do some creative re-labeling and package it up to look
like a case of something he doesn't like, I think there's little chance
of getting anything through the MontBrown inspection department. Can't
label it as "boat parts" either. Hey, I know, label it as something
that Jim needs for the Aztec annual...nah, then we'd have another
problem to deal with.

Ok, I admit it, I need a bigger plane. Suddenly, that rib repair bill
doesn't seem all that bad! :-)

Old April 3rd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Yep, unless I do some creative re-labeling and package it up to look like
a case of something he doesn't like, I think there's little chance of
getting anything through the MontBrown inspection department.

http://www.enutritionshop.com/produc...?T1=SLI+FC3041
This might escape inspection :-)

MontBrown
37 F ...with snow slush globs falling in the Twin Cities.
7:10 pm and it's STILL light outside. Yee-haw! Spring is here.

Old April 3rd 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

First ship him a couple cases of Hamm's

DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun
From the land of sky blue waters (waters),
From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
Comes the beer refreshing,
Hamm's, the beer refreshing.

DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun
Brewed where nature works her wonders,
Aged for many moons, gently mellowed,
Hamm's the beer refreshing,
Hamm's the beer refreshing.
Hamm's.

he'll dive into those like a bear into honey.... the rest of the shipment
will go unnoticed!
Jim

Old April 3rd 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

First ship him a couple cases of Hamm's

DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun
From the land of sky blue waters (waters),
From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
Comes the beer refreshing,
Hamm's, the beer refreshing.

DUN dun dun dun DUN dun dun dun
Brewed where nature works her wonders,
Aged for many moons, gently mellowed,
Hamm's the beer refreshing,
Hamm's the beer refreshing.
Hamm's.

Wow -- I didn't remember the second verse!

Great idea -- but do they still make Hamm's?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 3rd 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Yep, somebody does... looks like Miller.

We used to call Hamm's "brat-boiling beer" -- and that was back when we
drank "Old Style", cuz it was cheap.

It was pretty good on a hot summer day, after playing football, though.
Of course, so was water.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA