Orlando Executive airport after Charley hit

Old August 21st 04, 05:04 AM
Gilan

Default Orlando Executive airport after Charley hit

http://www.flyinggators.com/news/hurricane/exec.htm

If anyone has more pictures of Executive airport after hurricane Charley hit
please send them to me.

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

Old August 21st 04, 08:19 AM
Anthony

"Gilan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
http://www.flyinggators.com/news/hurricane/exec.htm

If anyone has more pictures of Executive airport after hurricane Charley

hit
please send them to me.

I hope they were all insured.

Tony

Old August 21st 04, 04:01 PM
Clyde Torres

"Anthony" wrote in message

"Gilan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
http://www.flyinggators.com/news/hurricane/exec.htm

If anyone has more pictures of Executive airport after hurricane Charley

hit
please send them to me.

I hope they were all insured.

Tony

Unless they owed money on them, they probably were not insured except for
liability.

Clyde

Old August 21st 04, 06:07 PM
SeeAndAvoid

How did ISM fare?

Chris
--
Steve Bosell for President 2004
"Vote for me or I'll sue you"

"Clyde Torres" wrote in message
"Anthony" wrote in message

hlink.net...

Old August 22nd 04, 12:01 AM
Gilan

added 16 more photos today.

Old August 22nd 04, 12:09 AM
C Kingsbury

"Clyde Torres" wrote in message m...

Unless they owed money on them, they probably were not insured except for
liability.

Owning an airplane you can't afford to insure at least when it's tied
down seems like a rather unenjoyable form of gambling. At least in
Vegas you get pretty girls brining you free booze while you watch your
money get swept off the table.

-cwk.
Old August 22nd 04, 02:34 PM
Clyde Torres

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
om...
"Clyde Torres" wrote in message

m...

Unless they owed money on them, they probably were not insured except

for
liability.

Owning an airplane you can't afford to insure at least when it's tied
down seems like a rather unenjoyable form of gambling. At least in
Vegas you get pretty girls brining you free booze while you watch your
money get swept off the table.

-cwk.

Well, then talk to roughly 90% of the owners out there and straighten them
out. I don't own an airplane - yet, but I do know that the vast majority of
owners out there only pay for liability insurance and risk the hull damage
themselves, unless of course they are financing the airplane. Then the
lenders tell you that you have to have the hull insurance.

Clyde Torres

Old August 22nd 04, 04:12 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Clyde
Torres" wrote:

Well, then talk to roughly 90% of the owners out there and straighten
them
out. I don't own an airplane - yet, but I do know that the vast majority
of
owners out there only pay for liability insurance and risk the hull
damage
themselves, unless of course they are financing the airplane. Then the
lenders tell you that you have to have the hull insurance.

Clyde Torres

hmmm, although my sample size isn't big, I don't know any owners
without hull insurance.

--
Bob Noel
Seen on Kerry's campaign airplane: "the real deal"
Old August 22nd 04, 08:44 PM
Peter Duniho

"Clyde Torres" wrote in message
Well, then talk to roughly 90% of the owners out there and straighten them
out. I don't own an airplane - yet, but I do know that the vast majority

of
owners out there only pay for liability insurance and risk the hull damage
themselves

How do you "know" that? It certainly doesn't match my experience as an
owner, and as someone that knows many other owners. Even when the airplane
is owned free and clear.

Are you an insurance broker? Underwriter? Have you done a statistically
significant owner survey? What is the basis for your claim that 90% of all
owners carry no hull insurance? If so few people are carrying hull
insurance, why is it that the rising hull insurance costs are causing such a
huge problem in general aviation?

Pete

Old August 22nd 04, 09:19 PM
Clyde Torres

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
[...]

I am not an insurance broker, but I do know a lot of pilots/owners. The 90%
is just a guess on my part, but I feel that it is close. The rising hull
insurance costs are precisely the reason that a lot of owners do not have
this insurance. You hit it right on the spot.

Perhaps an underwriter can chime in and throw out some "statistically
correct" figures.

Clyde