Improvements to MKIII and Quiet Vent

Old January 16th 09, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Improvements to MKIII and Quiet Vent

There have been several Quiet Vent failures, mostly associated with use at
sub-zero temperatures, where the QV seal has come loose from its clear
adhesive mounting strip. If you have experienced this, or any other failure
of your QV, please return defective plastic seal part for free replacement
with a new QV. I'll include a US postage stamp to cover your shipping cost
too.

A change in the manufacturing procedure should eliminate the cold/separation
problem by markedly improving the bond between the QV's clear plastic seal
and the clear adhesive strip used for mounting to the existing vent window.
This "bonding improvement" technology has also been applied to the MKII
"high tech" yaw string. This makes four improvements to the MKII since it
came out, so it's time to call it the MKIII.

The MKIII is now available with a synthetic yarn to improve UV exposure
longevity. This will help the MKIII last longer on gliders that are tied
out. The downside is I'll probably sell fewer replacement MKIII's.

No increase in pricing . . . still the cheapest best toys you can buy for
your favorite glider:

Quiet Vent: reduces noise from the Mecaplex flip-out window vent by 10 dba
(as measured in my ASH26E at 60 knots). $6 USD

MKIII "high tech" yaw string: Clear turbulator base raises yarn .035" above
canopy for no static cling or scratched canopy plastic. Easy to remove for
replacement with no tape residue. Looks nicer than tape and yarn. Includes
optional index dot. Available with synthetic or original natural wool yarn
in red, royal blue, sky-blue or yellow. $10 USD

US shipping free. International just $1 per order.

email bumperm@

followed by att "dot" net

Old January 16th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 16, 1:28*am, "bumper" wrote:
There have been several Quiet Vent failures, mostly associated with use at
sub-zero temperatures, where the QV seal has come loose from its clear
adhesive mounting strip. If you have experienced this, or any other failure
of your QV, please return defective plastic seal part for free replacement
with a new QV. I'll include a US postage stamp to cover your shipping cost
too.

Now *that* is how to look after customers! I wish larger
organizations would stand by their products like this.

Andy

Quiet Vent Ron (RW) Soaring 26 June 30th 18 04:31 PM
Bush Proposes To Cut Funding For Airport Improvements. Larry Dighera Piloting 0 March 11th 08 04:00 PM
Quiet Vent Ramy Soaring 6 October 27th 06 05:27 AM
Improvements in air flow for non-conventional aircraft. NiceGuyInPDX Rotorcraft 0 March 16th 04 06:23 PM
Helo countermeasure improvements Eric Moore Military Aviation 2 November 29th 03 12:25 PM