153A aviator question

Old November 7th 05, 07:56 PM
Chiropractor1

Default 153A aviator question

I spent 17 years in the military, 6 years Navy and 11 years Army. While
in the Navy I went to an Army aviation post to cross over services into
the WO flight program. I was told that I had to be an E5 minimum to
qualify (I was), as well as take a battery of tests on flight. The stack
of study books they gave me stood several feet tall lying on their side!
As far as the argument about recruiters - if you ask questions, they
will give you appropriate honest answers. If they do not, they are far
more liable than the average grunt. Recruiters are held to a much higher
standard than most of the rest of the enlisted, precisely because of the
generalized opinions like have been stated here. Misleading
prospective recruits can result in very severe penalties, including
article 15 bust. I was never mislead by recruiters, and in fact they
were very helpful in getting me what I wanted. It is in their best
interests to do so - you are more likely to be a happy camper and sign
up/stay in/ not be a problem in boot, etc. If you talk to a recruiter
and he intentionally misleads you, you have a number of options to
pursue, none of which will result in a pleasant ride for the recruiter.
And as far as salesmen; if it weren't for them, how would you buy
anything? There are unscrupulous people in every profession that exists,
but they are in the very tiny minority. You only hear about them,
unfortunately, because all the honest ones aren't "newsworthy".
Old February 1st 06, 02:55 AM
B-Rad

ok dude, everybody said there 2 cents worth...here's from somebody on the
inside...
First thing you have to do is find a recruiter that will work with you. You
can go through basic as an E-5. I had a high school to flight school guy in
my basic training class 13 years ago. It can be done. You CAN get in
straight to WOFT, but the trick is, as I said before, to find a recruiter
who will do what is neccessary, and it is a lot of paperwork. There ARE good
recruiters out there. There are also BAD ones...do some research, and don't
join unless you see what you want in your contract. If that involves you
walking out of the MEPS station, then do what's right for you. They can't do
**** to you until you swear in before you ship to basic. Don't let them BS
you.

....Good luck dude, and hopefully we'll see you during preflight one of these
days.

Brad

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am a 32 year old private fixed wing pilot. An army recruiter
promised to get me into Fort Rucker if I joined. Here is the problem -
after the boot camp I will still be an E3, to go to WOFT one must be an
E5 or better. Question-- can they put in my contract that I am going to
Fort Rucker upon completing boot camp?