HID Lighting

Old September 26th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Default HID Lighting

The Visitor wrote:

If your interested, I will ask about them when I see
him next. And perhaps who's stc it is.

That'd be great. Thanks.

--
Peter
Old October 3rd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Peter R. wrote:

That'd be great. Thanks.

Not forgotten about. I have had no luck at the airport so I just emailed
him. I did want to take a picture and post it also.

John

Old October 3rd 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

The Visitor wrote:

Not forgotten about. I have had no luck at the airport so I just emailed
him. I did want to take a picture and post it also.

No problem. Thanks for keep this alive.

--
Peter
Old October 3rd 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Okay I heard from my friend. He says there is no squat switch so you can
leave your lights on retracted. And he has done this the odd time he
said. But he is considering solutions to that.

They are from Alpine Aviation

www.alpineaviation.com/lights.html

But the link doesn't work. Are they out of business or changed their
name, I don't know.

See this google cache of a webpage....

http://tinyurl.com/fhamf

"No effect on aircraft performance, lights retract with main landing
gear. ... Alpine Aviation LLC PO Box 345, Midway, GA 31320 ...
www.alpineaviation.com/lights.html - 6k - Cached -"

Perhaps the phone number still works or somebody else is handling the
stc. He loves the lights, says it is like landing in daylight. It must
look like a biz jet landing.

Hope this helps.

John

Old October 3rd 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

The Visitor wrote:

Perhaps the phone number still works or somebody else is handling the
stc. He loves the lights, says it is like landing in daylight. It must
look like a biz jet landing.

Hope this helps.

Very grateful for the information. Thanks.

--
Peter
Old October 3rd 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Having another look at that cached page, I don't see stc anywhere. I am
particular about that and perhaps this is really a field mod? Not that
there is anything wrong with that, just I was given the detail it was stc'd.

Old October 3rd 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Wow such information!
====================
Allen wrote:

Peter

STC Number:
ST00469NY

This certificate issued to:
Alpine Aviation, Inc

STC Holder's Address:
2121 Jamieson Ave #1511
Alexandria VA 22314
United States

Description of the Type Design Change:
Installation of main landing gear auxiliary landing lights.

Application Date:

Responsible Office:
ANE-170 New York Aircraft Certification Office Tel: (516) 228-7300

TC Number -- Make -- Model:
3A15 -- Raytheon Aircraft Company -- 33 Series
3A15 -- Raytheon Aircraft Company -- 36
A-777 -- Raytheon Aircraft Company -- 35

Full Text of STC:

Comments
Comments
Comments:

Old October 3rd 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Allen[_1_]

I am pretty sure this company used to always have a 1/2 page ad in the
American Bonanza Society magazine, although I don't see anything lately.
Maybe a call to them will produce a lead. 316-945-1700.

Allen

"The Visitor" wrote in message
Wow such information!
====================

Old October 3rd 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack[_1_]

("Allen" wrote)

No more "attachments." Thanks.

Montblack

backup cockpit lighting Josef Burger Instrument Flight Rules 35 January 2nd 05 01:23 AM
Piper Wing Lighting Jessewright8 Owning 17 November 2nd 04 03:34 AM
Horizon Gyro internal lighting? Chad Lemmen Owning 2 September 6th 04 03:38 AM
Panel lighting Corky Scott Home Built 5 March 6th 04 12:22 AM
Instrument lighting for 1980 Cessna 182Q [Club maintenance] Andrew Gideon Owning 11 October 30th 03 06:47 PM