chain of events

Old March 9th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
KM

Default chain of events

On Mar 9, 2:34 pm, "Matt Barrow" wrote:

You say to-mah-to, I say, tom-ah-toe.

Actually Matt, I think we all say "Jerk Off" to you and your stupid
posts.

Old March 10th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"john smith" wrote in message Shouldn't that be "induction" icing?

The 260 horsepower model was carbeurated.

D.

Old March 10th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"KM" wrote in message I went back and read some of "Capt Doug's"
posts and he does know a bit about airliners, but his posts show a
lack of understanding of enough of the detail to actually fly
one.Judging from his posts I would say he is probably a flight
attendant at NWA who flys on the side.And I would say he spends alot
of time talking to pilots about flying.

For those of you who know me personally, this answers itself.

D.

Old March 10th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
KM

On Mar 9, 5:02 pm, "Capt.Doug" wrote:
"KM" wrote in message I went back and read some of "Capt Doug's"
posts and he does know a bit about airliners, but his posts show a
lack of understanding of enough of the detail to actually fly
one.Judging from his posts I would say he is probably a flight
attendant at NWA who flys on the side.And I would say he spends alot
of time talking to pilots about flying.

For those of you who know me personally, this answers itself.

D.

Doug, come on dude.You posted some answers to a couple of technical
questions on Boeings that didnt make any sense.My guess is that you
hang out with pilots on layovers alot and pick their brains, and maybe
even read through some manuals.I get the same thing at my work, and
once I met a flight attendant who had 8000 hours.
Furthermore, this is the internet, and how many people here know you
personally?If you are who you say you are, I can respect that, but
just tell me where you are based and the initials of your chief pilot
and I will look it up and offer you an appology.
KM
PS how does an autopilot "mimic the ILS in smooth air"?????

Old March 10th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike 'Flyin'8'

An approach system doesn't have a UPS?

The article said it took a few seconds to kick in.

UPS's don't need time to "Kick In" That is why thet are called
UnInteruptable Power Supplies.

Generator power is another story. Typicall transfer times are
generally in the neighborhood of 10 seconds from a cold start to power
transfer.

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old March 10th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

"Capt.Doug" wrote:
The 260 horsepower model was carbeurated.

Thank you.
Old March 10th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Mike 'Flyin'8' wrote:

UPS's don't need time to "Kick In" That is why thet are called
UnInteruptable Power Supplies.

UPS are usually designed to come online within a couple of cycles.
Old March 10th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"KM" wrote in message
Doug, come on dude.You posted some answers to a couple of technical
questions on Boeings that didnt make any sense.

Hmm... I don't recall you posting with this name for very long, and yet you
have so much to offer the group (sarcasm).

My guess is that you
hang out with pilots on layovers alot and pick their brains, and maybe
even read through some manuals.I get the same thing at my work, and
once I met a flight attendant who had 8000 hours.

Yes, I do, and yes, you are guessing.

If you are who you say you are, I can respect that,

Hmmm... I've never seen respect shown in such a manner.

just tell me where you are based and the initials of your chief pilot
and I will look it up and offer you an appology.

Hmmm.... Give personal information to a suspected troll? I'm crazy, but
not stupid. You go first. If you aren't in CASS, please don't bother.

PS how does an autopilot "mimic the ILS in smooth air"?????

Pay attention here- If the airplane is trimmed for flying the ILS, and the
autopilot reverts to heading and pitch mode, the airplane will continue a
course very close to the ILS while in calm air. Of course you knew this but
wanted to see if I knew it, right?.

Bottom line is that I don't care to prove anything to you. I don't care what
you think. You can cajole, provoke, instigate, flame, and irritate others
here, but I don't care what you think. Have a good day.

D.

Old March 10th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike 'Flyin'8'

In article ,
Mike 'Flyin'8' wrote:

UPS's don't need time to "Kick In" That is why thet are called
UnInteruptable Power Supplies.

UPS are usually designed to come online within a couple of cycles.

I have never seen a UPS that takes more than a fraction of a cycle to
transition to backup mode. In fact, units which are used in "mission
critical" applications are not the line interactive type as you seem
to be thinking about above, instead are dual online conversion. I
would assume that a UPS used for ILS equipment and radio
communications for ATC would be a mission critical design as opposed
to the less than reliable line interactive design. The dual online
conversion types are actually running off battery and an oscillator
all the time. There is no switching time.

But hey... What do I know...

Old March 10th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:48:01 -0800, Mike 'Flyin'8'
wrote:

In article ,
Mike 'Flyin'8' wrote:

UPS's don't need time to "Kick In" That is why thet are called
UnInteruptable Power Supplies.

UPS are usually designed to come online within a couple of cycles.

I have never seen a UPS that takes more than a fraction of a cycle to
transition to backup mode. In fact, units which are used in "mission
critical" applications are not the line interactive type as you seem
to be thinking about above, instead are dual online conversion. I
would assume that a UPS used for ILS equipment and radio
communications for ATC would be a mission critical design as opposed
to the less than reliable line interactive design. The dual online
conversion types are actually running off battery and an oscillator
all the time. There is no switching time.

But hey... What do I know...

There are also "bridge" UPSes that store energy in flywheels and
ultracapacitors.

Don