Grob G-102 maintenance

Old November 20th 04, 08:05 PM
Stephen Szikora

Default Grob G-102 maintenance

What prices are beign quoted/paid for compliance with the flutter AD
(addtional mass balance required)? Who seems to be doing most of them?
Gron systems? What about the spigot AD? Lastly, what's the best source
and price for a new canopy? Thanks in advance!

Stephen Szikora
Canada

Old November 22nd 04, 01:13 PM
Todd Smith

"Stephen Szikora" wrote in message ...
What prices are beign quoted/paid for compliance with the flutter AD
(addtional mass balance required)? Who seems to be doing most of them?
Gron systems? What about the spigot AD? Lastly, what's the best source
and price for a new canopy? Thanks in advance!

Stephen Szikora
Canada

Stephan,

I have been in contact with Mike Shade at Grob systems in Ohio,
the flutter AD costs will be material cost about $600 US and 15-20
hours labor at $60 US / hour. That adds up to OUCH !

I don't know about the spigot or the canopy, but ask Mike.
I have sent his email to you directly.

Enjoy your Grob.
Todd Smith
3S
Old November 24th 04, 02:51 PM
CEMARoy

What prices are beign quoted/paid for compliance with the flutter AD
(addtional mass balance required)? Who seems to be doing most of them?
Gron systems? What about the spigot AD? Lastly, what's the best source
and price for a new canopy? Thanks in advance!

Stephen Szikora
Canada

Stephen,
On Monday I spent several hours at the Grob facility in Bluffton, Ohio learning
how to do the control surface mass balance AD. I even got pictures to
supplement the Grob instructions.
Mike shade had 4 G102s in the shop being worked on so I got to see several
stages of the work.

I can do this AD and in fact have several owners planning a visit to my shop
soon to have this work done.

The parts and materials will be about $600. Labor will run right at 20 hours,
there is a lot of it to be done. My shop rate is a bit less than $60/hr. See my
ad in the classified section of Soaring.

Naturally being in Canada I doubt you will be driving all the way down to
Moriarty, New Mexico for the work so Bluffton may be your best bet. But I post
this so that others will know that help for them may be closer than Ohio.

Robert Mudd

Old November 25th 04, 12:06 AM
OscarCVox

The parts and materials will be about $600. Labor will run right at 20 hours,
there is a lot of it to be done. My shop rate is a bit less than $60/hr.

How does the additional weight of the mass balance effect the c of g? I would
expect to have to add lead in the nose to get it back within limits. Adding all
this lead at both ends will also affect the all up weight so will it restrict
the max cockpit load?
Old November 25th 04, 09:49 AM
goneill

I have seen the mod ,it is quite small in size on each side of the elevator
should be little change to cockpit loads.