LS 8-18T Vs. Discus 2cT

Old June 7th 05, 11:21 PM
Charles Petersen

Default LS 8-18T Vs. Discus 2cT

In the next week I will choose between the LS 8-18 T and the Discus 2cT. It
is a difficult choice, with a few small plusses on either side, but I have
not flown either ship, and will not have a chance to fly the Discus. I
would appreciate any input, especially from anyone who has flown both.

Charles Petersen

Old June 8th 05, 12:05 AM
cernauta

"Charles Petersen" wrote:

In the next week I will choose between the LS 8-18 T and the Discus 2cT. It
is a difficult choice, with a few small plusses on either side, but I have
not flown either ship, and will not have a chance to fly the Discus. I
would appreciate any input, especially from anyone who has flown both.

Charles Petersen

I think only very few people have flown the Discus 2ct, probably for a
short test flight. Not enough.
I believe they both are great, wonderful ships. The two cockpits are
quite different! If I were you, I would sit in both an LS8 and a
Ventus 2c (same cockpit), and would allow myself possibly a few hours
to get to know them.
Whatever your choice will be, if you'll be comfortable it will be ok.
Performance must be so similar that it's not worth dicussing IMHO.

Aldo Cernezzi
DG600

Old June 8th 05, 04:32 AM

cernauta wrote:
"Charles Petersen" wrote:

[...]

Have you considered the Lak-17AT?
Clay Thomas

Old June 8th 05, 06:39 PM
John Galloway

If you can hang on a couple of weeks or so I will give
you a biased opinion. I just collected the first UK
D2CT a couple of days ago and haven't flown it yet
but as soon as it gets in the air a friend with an
LS-18 and I intend to do some swapping about for comparison.
I haven't flown an LS8 18 yet.

David Muller flew a D2CT in the Dutch 18m Nationals.
He said said that he thought that it cruised as well
as Ventus 2Cx up to 175kph (as fast as he tried) and
climbed a little better.

John Galloway

Old June 8th 05, 11:08 PM
wiktor256

I've flown LS8-18T last year in 18m US Nationals in Uvalde. I did not
notice any meaningful performance disadvantage comparing to other
gliders.

Wiktor Kozlik

Discus 2b cockpit comfort? Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 11 January 12th 04 08:03 PM
[LBA] Schempp-Hirth - Discus bT - Discus Frederic FUCHS Soaring 0 September 17th 03 08:42 AM
All Czech built Discus grounded Paul Soaring 0 September 14th 03 02:22 AM
18m Discus Burt Compton Soaring 2 September 8th 03 10:52 AM
Discus Wing question John Galloway Soaring 6 August 23rd 03 07:52 AM