Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery!

Old January 20th 04, 12:18 AM
Terry

Jay Honeck wrote:
snipped
It's probably a waste of electrons explaining why I'm doing the Rogues
Gallery, but I'll try anyway.

Keep doing what your doing Jay... I enjoy your postings and
contributions to this newsgroup! I'm quite sure 99 % of the other
readers do as well....

I'll send you my little cessna pics and info when I get a little
time...

Fly safe...and Thanks!

Terry
N6401F
Old January 20th 04, 12:55 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"My Thoughts Exactly" wrote in message
Tom Sixkiller wrote:

See!! He ain't going to get RICH or WARM!!

You talk too much.

Stick it where the sun don't shine, SFB!

Old January 20th 04, 01:12 AM
RU ok

Jim Weir wrote:

It's a talent, Jay. Cultivate it and watch it grow. I know I have.

{;-)

Jim

"Jay Honeck"

-
-I'm eternally amazed at my ability to inadvertently **** people off. (Mary
-is, too! :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TALENT, you say?

I've ****ed of more people by accident
than either of you ever could on purpose. g

Barnyard BOb -- the truly "cultivated" one

Old January 20th 04, 01:16 AM
RU ok

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:05:48 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

It's a talent, Jay. Cultivate it and watch it grow. I know I have.

{;-)

Jim

"Jay Honeck"

-
-I'm eternally amazed at my ability to inadvertently **** people off. (Mary
-is, too! :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2nd attempt

TALENT, you say?

I've ****ed off more people by accident

Old January 20th 04, 01:18 AM
Jay Honeck

2nd attempt

First attempt worked, too, BOb!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 20th 04, 01:24 AM
Richard Isakson

"Jay Honeck" wrote ...
2nd attempt

First attempt worked, too, BOb!

He just did that to **** people off.

Rich

Old January 20th 04, 01:56 AM
EDR

Damn! It took me 40 years to break what people kept telling me was a
bad habit. Now, Jim says it is a talent. I am gifted and didn't even
know it.

Old January 20th 04, 02:45 AM
Bob Noel

In article , Tom Dukerich
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:34:32 +0000, Jay Honeck wrote:

5. I have NO notion of "getting rich" doing it. Anyone in the lodging
industry can verify that owning a 27-suite hotel ain't gonna generate
big
bucks.

Yahoo weather shows a high of 17 F and low of 5 F in Iowa City.
Gentle ribbing, thanks for the Gallery :-)

hey, that's warmer than Boston has been seeing recently!

--
Bob Noel
Old January 20th 04, 02:46 AM
Snowbird

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:K_ZOb.101415$8H.151794@attbi_s03...
Believe it or not, I've posted the frequent updates because I wanted the
people who sent me their photos to know I'd actually posted them. Sometimes
I've had to "sit" on their photos for a week or more, until I had time to
update the Rogue's Gallery, and I wanted the participants to see them and
know I hadn't forgotten them.

I apologize if these posts have seemed excessive, but I truly thought that
everyone here would be interested in seeing the new additions...

Jay,

As a (hopefully constructive) suggestion, perhaps you might
consider sending an email to people who've sent you photos
letting them know they're now on the web page, then posting
about the web page on about the same interval as a FAQ?

Say, maybe once a month? That would seem to suffice to let
people know the Rogue's Gallery exists, how to join it, and
what's new this month without seeming excessive (to most people
anyway).

If a personal endorsement matters, I appreciate the manner in
which I was able to discuss my differences with you and
at least come to a point where we understood each other
(at least I think we understood each other). In my book that
shows you to be a high-quality human being.

And by having the guts to try to run an aviation-themed
business on an airport, you're certainly living my dream!

By the way, thanks for starting the Rogue's Gallery.

Cheers,
Sydney (rogue not part of da gallery)
Old January 21st 04, 03:11 AM
Lance W

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I apologize if these posts have seemed excessive, but I truly thought that
everyone here would be interested in seeing the new additions...

Obviously, you thought wrong. Yet, you continue with your rude
spamming by posting yet another crossposted "update" notice today.
Since my last post, three more of your friends have suggested that a
monthly "update" notice interval might be better, yet you apparently
turn a blind eye to their constructive advice. And two more people
have since publicly killfiled you. No telling how many have quietly
killfiled you. You WILL eventually come to regret your spamming
because the backlash will continue to mount just as it always has in
the past. Before your rudeness was exposed, I had planned to stay a
night or two at your establishment. That, of course, won't happen now.